Very recent Alaska cruisers weather

Depends on what your tolerance is. Definitely always recommend a jacket of some sort for any glaciers you'll see, the wind coming off the glaciers is always quite a bit colder.

Ketchikan has been rainy and in the 50s to 60s. Juneau rainy and 60s to 70s (but at Mendenhall or up Mt. Roberts you can expect it to be as much as 10 degrees colder) Anchorage up to the mid-70s, pretty pleasant.

Personally in our experience, especially since the sun stays up longer in Alaska, it tends to feel a little warmer than it actually is. Definitely recommend an umbrella or rain jacket for Ketchikan, and pack layers/fleece jacket for any glaciers you'll see.

We just returned from radiance sailing and spent four days in Alaska beforehand. We had crazy warm weather only needed warmer clothes on our whale watch. We landed on a glacier and only needed a light fleece layer. I would advise a waterproof windbreaker too. We overpacked the warm clothes

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just returned from radiance sailing and spent four days in Alaska beforehand. We had crazy warm weather only needed warmer clothes on our whale watch. We landed on a glacier and only needed a light fleece layer. I would advise a waterproof windbreaker too. We overpacked the warm clothes

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We trusted the weatherchannel.com forecasts for the Alaskan Ports of Call and all the people on the Radiance of the Seas Cruise that sailed on June 29th enjoyed warm weather. Your experience might be different. Dear "OP",when will you sail? The OP might want to try going to the weather channel's internet site and putting in Juneau and other spots and the appropriate dates. Check again as you near your departure.

My trip wasn’t super recent- but agree with bringing a lightweight rain jacket. Ours were in my backpack most of the time, but it was nice to have them when needed.

DH and I had really wish we had brought those pants that you can zip off into shorts! If we ever do this trip again, we will each get a pair. While early morning excursions started chilly, we sometimes got hot by the end...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am going on Explorer on the 27th. I recently saw a prediction that temps will be higher than normal, with lower precipitation than normal. I am only taking fleeces and a lightweight jacket.

What has the weather and temperatures been on very recent Alaska cruises? Down coats or fleece jackets recommended?
Edited by PIR8LUVR
addition

What has the weather and temperatures been on very recent Alaska cruises? Down coats or fleece jackets recommended?

Weather can change quickly. Rather than ask what the weather was like this past week, you'd be better served by checking the weather forecast for your upcoming travel dates. ;)

I believe someone already suggested The Weather Channel app. That's what I looked at for our Alaska cruise in early June.

...just an interesting anecdotal story about quickly-changing weather....a few years back we did a Canada/NE cruise. I don't recall which port at this point, but one of the ones in Canada was freezing cold the day we were there. It was in the 40s but was raining and windy so felt much colder. We did a duck boat tour and even with long johns top and bottom, jeans, fleece-lined clogs, turtleneck, sweater heavy fleece vest, all-weather jacket, scarf and gloves I was shivering the whole time. We later found out that 2 days later that same town experienced record breaking heat.

Weather can change quickly. Rather than ask what the weather was like this past week, you'd be better served by checking the weather forecast for your upcoming travel dates. ;)

+1, but even that can change a couple of days out.