no excursions at one port?

ParkerIngle

I am booked on Summit for Oct 27. Excursion brochure has no excursions for Roseau, Dominica. The other ports have plenty. I have called Celebrity twice - and no one could answer what that means. (Are they all sold out, just not released yet, or never going to exist?).

Any ideas?

Thanks

We Visited Roseau, Dominica during December 2015.... There were 20 excursions offered through the ship. However, Last September, Hurricane Maria hit Dominica almost dead center with over 160 mph winds... The island is really struggling to come back.. Could be a reason for the last of excursions right at the moment. May be some closer to the sail date our even may need to wait until you're on board.

Dennis & Sue

Cruise ships are only just starting to return to Dominica. The Dominica port thread gives some more details. Local tour companies have started to take bookings again for privately arranged trips. There are two I know of on our roll call. I expect Celebrity are waiting to see how the first few visits go, and then plan accordingly.

I think our cruise in January does show excursions, perhaps they are playing safe for your October one.

We are scheduled to visit Dominica in December. There are scheduled tours showing as available on our cruise planner. We have two currently booked, however I'm still doing research on the post hurricane recovery status to decide on whether to keep them on cancel. Not sure about the reinstatement of electricity, current conditions for the residents of the island, food, water etc. Maybe you should delete your cookies and cache, then try accessing the website through an InPrivate or Incognito window. If all else fails, call Captains Club at 800--760-0654 and ask them to email a shore excursion brochure for your specific cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
I’m also on that cruise and have been wondering about excursions!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As another poster said -- definitely check out the Ports of Call Board (Dominica). They should have more information about which tours are back up-and-running, in the wake of last year's disastrous hurricane season.

My Oct. 27 cruise now has 7 excursions listed for Dominica - after a period of Zero listed. Interestingly, the excursion desk has still not responded to my original request for information (made when it showed Zero). Not very good service, but I have the information I need now and have booked an excursion that I'm looking forward to.

thanks for all your help!