Just off the Caribbean Princess....any questions?

mcgratru

I just got off of the CB and the food was great! No complaints! I mostly ate in the MDR for all meals. I ate the buffet three times only at Breakfast. The pizza and the salty dog were all yummy!

Agreed! We had all of our breakfasts at the buffet for two weeks (but then took them outside to eat at the terrace pool)...loved the pizza and salty dog!

They need more people to speak up when they're on the ship, not when they get home on the survey.

When something isn't right tell them at that time.

The last time we were on the CB the food wasn't that bad but from all the reports I've been reading it certainly seem as though it has slipped quite a bit.

I did mention it to someone cruising from the corporate office. She said they had someone on the ship that week looking into it. Lots of complaints! Another poster mentioned that due to complaints, they made some improvements last week. Wonder what improvements they were. The dining room menu and food needed work too, but the buffet (?)....blah!!

I did mention it to someone cruising from the corporate office. She said they had someone on the ship that week looking into it. Lots of complaints! Another poster mentioned that due to complaints, they made some improvements last week. Wonder what improvements they were. The dining room menu and food needed work too, but the buffet (?)....blah!!

Glad to hear it.

We've been cruising the Royal so much in the last 2 years that any buffet doesn't seem as good as it used to be.

We'll be comparing the CB in Nov & if it's not up to our minimal standards it'll be the last CB for us. We can overlook many things but food isn't one of them.

By the time you get on this ship, hopefully there will be improvements in the food as a result of the many, many complaints. Enjoy! btw, we were on a cruise with you about five years ago...I remember ;)

Who did you meet on a cruise five years ago?

Who did you meet on a cruise five years ago?

Oops...meant to copy Roses2 post. He wouldn't remember me, I remember him from the cruisecritic get together. Happy cruising everyone.

Getting on August 25th and buffet is my "go to venue." Then again, food is never that important, so I probably won't know the difference.

Heard they were working to improve the buffet last week. Oh, you would have noticed the difference. Everything they had for the last ten years or so was gone..."oh, that's out of rotation". Generally sloppy and sad, like someone forgot to go food shopping and made do with what was in the pantry. Hope they are working to fix it. Guess I'm angry because it's not the cruise I booked...bait and switch. We had an issue on the Celebrity Summit, filled out the questionaire, and the next day I got a call from customer service (3 weeks later it was on the news that the ship failed health inspection...no surprise).

I agree that the buffet was disappointment, the food was not good or appealing to look at. After over 30 cruises on Princess I was surprised at the quality of food being served. After this cruise I am nervous about my upcoming cruise on the Island Princess and it being the same in food quality.

Overall the ship is lovely and the crew was very accommodating.

How were guests actually dressed for dinner? Given its a Caribbean cruise, were the dress standards more lax or did guests stick with the Smart Casual and Formal guidelines?

On our July 7-14/18 Caribbean Princess cruise there were plenty of men, women, kids and teens all in shorts eating in the dining room. Only on formal night were the shorts denied entry.

On Royal Caribbean they put a little leaflet called the Cruise Compass in your room every day to let you know the schedule of all activities throughout the day. Does Princess have something similar? If so, what do they call it?

They have the same thing. It is called the Patter. It has schedule for the day, information from a department or crew member. The activities, bingo, shows, dining room and other food times and locations.

Heard they were working to improve the buffet last week. Oh, you would have noticed the difference. Everything they had for the last ten years or so was gone..."oh, that's out of rotation". Generally sloppy and sad, like someone forgot to go food shopping and made do with what was in the pantry. Hope they are working to fix it. Guess I'm angry because it's not the cruise I booked...bait and switch. We had an issue on the Celebrity Summit, filled out the questionaire, and the next day I got a call from customer service (3 weeks later it was on the news that the ship failed health inspection...no surprise).

Out of rotation? What sort of excuse is that?

What types of food go out of rotation?

Roast beef? B-B-Q ribs? Salmon? :confused::confused:

What did they serve that was in "rotation"?

Possibly mashed potatoes, corn, peas, meat loaf, PB & J sandwiches, hamburgers? :D

On our July 7-14/18 Caribbean Princess cruise there were plenty of men, women, kids and teens all in shorts eating in the dining room. Only on formal night were the shorts denied entry.

Nice to hear they came to their scenes about people wanting to wear shorts. :)

Roast beef? B-B-Q ribs? Salmon? clear.png?emoji-confused-1977clear.png?emoji-confused-1977

Possibly mashed potatoes, corn, peas, meat loaf, PB & J sandwiches, hamburgers? clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

That's what you got. If I continue to hear about the food issues, I may cancel my future cruise.

Roast beef? B-B-Q ribs? Salmon? clear.png?emoji-confused-1977clear.png?emoji-confused-1977

Possibly mashed potatoes, corn, peas, meat loaf, PB & J sandwiches, hamburgers? clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

That's what you got. If I continue to hear about the food issues, I may cancel my future cruise.

If that's what they consider a acceptable buffet selection, it'll be the very last trip on any of the older Princess ships for us, except for the Royal class ships.

Even considering the cheaper NCL food that would put Princess to shame.

Please keep in mind that unhappy people are seven times more likely to comment about a "bad" experience than someone will tell you about a good experience. As has been mentioned many times, food is subjective.

I wouldn't argue that point but when they eliminate selections from a buffet just to save money, something doesn't seem quite right.

The same wasn't true for the Royal class ships.

Why would that be? :confused:

We've also been on most Princess ships- old & new and have yet to run across really bad food or missing items.

Please keep in mind that unhappy people are seven times more likely to comment about a "bad" experience than someone will tell you about a good experience. As has been mentioned many times, food is subjective.

True, but in this case the drop in food quality is SO obvious. We never complain, but this was bad!

First Time Princess ...Caribbean 7 Days in Oct. Does anyone know the cost of the spa for a full week....is it called the Sanctuary? Is it worth it..Thermal Pools, Saunas? Heated Chairs? Im making this my El Cheapo quicky cruise...will be fine with an inside cabin IF the additional Sanctuary/Spa is worth it...if not I will be going for balcony or mini suite. For some reason it will not give me a price until I book the cruise which I don't want to do until I find out about the spa package. Thanks so much for any other info you can share with a first time Princess cruiser.....any floors to avoid.

First Time Princess ...Caribbean 7 Days in Oct. Does anyone know the cost of the spa for a full week....is it called the Sanctuary? Is it worth it..Thermal Pools, Saunas? Heated Chairs? Im making this my El Cheapo quicky cruise...will be fine with an inside cabin IF the additional Sanctuary/Spa is worth it...if not I will be going for balcony or mini suite. For some reason it will not give me a price until I book the cruise which I don't want to do until I find out about the spa package. Thanks so much for any other info you can share with a first time Princess cruiser.....any floors to avoid.

I believe that the spa pass is called Thermal Suite Pass. That was $119 for the week on the Caribbean Princess on July 21st. The Sanctuary is on the top level and it is an adult only quiet sitting area with real nice lounge chairs and personal service. We did it half a day in the morning and it was real hot and stuffy up there we couldn't wait to get out. On a nice not so hot day it would be wonderful not during the heat though. In October you should be fine. Enjoy we had a great time and the food was delicious!

Enjoy your cruise. Hope there are big improvements. Let us know :)

I can't wait to experience the CB buffet. Soon. If I find it bad, we're all in trouble. :eek:

I really hope you'll find some big improvements over what kendon as told us. By the time you're sailing they'll have had time to correct some of the downfalls & things should be back to "normal", whatever that may mean for the CB.