Disembarking. What Next?

babs135

Really? SMH -- Just checked in and it is 23 hours before my flight. My electronic boarding pass is available on my phone and tablet. If I was on Princess -- easy to check in once we are in port, zip down to the Internet Cafe, air drop and print if I don't want to use the electronic pass.

I use lounges all the time. The lounge does not have to be associated with your airline. A couple minutes searching will provide info on location / prices associated with the lounge.

The issue is not the boarding pass, but the ability to check luggage more than 4 hours before a flight from FLL. It might vary by airline, but it is my understanding the limitation is due to space at FLL. It is the main reason that I do not particularly care for that airport.

Of course if you used EZ Luggage this would not be a problem.

At least this has been my experience.

The issue is not the boarding pass, but the ability to check luggage more than 4 hours before a flight from FLL. It might vary by airline, but it is my understanding the limitation is due to space at FLL. It is the main reason that I do not particularly care for that airport.

Of course if you used EZ Luggage this would not be a problem.

At least this has been my experience.

Thank you for making sure I know about luggage check in rules. Let me assure you I do. I fly much more than I cruise. I have lifetime status on two airlines. So am pretty good at knowing the ins and outs.

The post I replied to clearly stated the issue was the boarding pass and had absolutely no reference to luggage. I was not disputing the luggage check in times.

Really? SMH -- Just checked in and it is 23 hours before my flight. My electronic boarding pass is available on my phone and tablet. If I was on Princess -- easy to check in once we are in port, zip down to the Internet Cafe, air drop and print if I don't want to use the electronic pass.
Your technique works fine if you disembark with just a carryon. If you have checkable luggage, you'll still need to wait until the four-hour window before you can process through security.

I use lounges all the time. The lounge does not have to be associated with your airline. A couple minutes searching will provide info on location / prices associated with the lounge.
There are just two lounges at FLL...both airside. We always have checked luggage and would not relish cooling our heels at FLL for hours. EZCheck makes a lot of sense.

It has been a couple years or so, but what we did was to go to the airport. Down stairs where you pick up your luggage. They have a luggage check in. I think it was maybe $5 a bag. We than took the free bus downtown to the canal walk. It was very peaceful and plenty of places to eat. At that time they also had a free water taxi. The buses ran back to the airport about every hour. I don't remember how late they ran. We found out about it from the tourist desk down in baggage area.

It has been a couple years or so, but what we did was to go to the airport. Down stairs where you pick up your luggage. They have a luggage check in. I think it was maybe $5 a bag. We than took the free bus downtown to the canal walk. It was very peaceful and plenty of places to eat. At that time they also had a free water taxi. The buses ran back to the airport about every hour. I don't remember how late they ran. We found out about it from the tourist desk down in baggage area.

This page has a description of "Public Baggage Storage" at FLL:

http://www.broward.org/Airport/Services/Pages/Default.aspx

Sorry, there's no anchor. Scroll a little past half-way down the page.

There is also a pdf of information specifically for cruise passengers:

http://www.broward.org/Airport/About/Documents/Cruisebrochure2011.pdf