Elite vs Elite Plus

candoez

I am elite plus. I have been elite plus for several cruises. The perks that I use are laundry, internet, and specialty coffee. There is also a specialty dining discount that I used once. Since the menus never change, we seldom do specialty dining. We appreciate those features. How much are they worth? Certainly not $2000. Stay in the cabin type that is priced best for you. If you need more internet, laundry or coffee, buy it. Getting to elite is the one that most people want. Simce Zenith is too many points, we will never get there.

I figured out that at our current rate (and that's 2-3 cruises a year) I'll get from elite plus to zenith when I'm 127. There are some nice perks with elite plus, but certainly not worth $2000. We appreciate the laundries (although we have never used more than 2 and we're both elite +), the internet minutes and the coffee. Never used the specialty dining discount since I always bargain for 35-50% off or we don't bother. I also appreciate the 15% discount on the upgrade from classic to premium drink package which I didn't know about (I'm not sure it really applies, but for whatever reason, they applied it on our last cruise).

I figured out that at our current rate (and that's 2-3 cruises a year) I'll get from elite plus to zenith when I'm 127.

I think I figured out we would be 105 and 110 (we are 60 and 65 now) when we go from Elite Plus to Zenith if we continue our 2 Celebrity cruises a year, but I hope when I retire we can do 3. That might shorten it to our high 80s / low 90s. I doubt we will still be cruising by then.