Brilliance OTS Balcony cabin ??'s

I am a Carnival cruiser. However, we have sailed 3 times on RCCL and loved each cruise. This time we are booked on Brilliance OTS, leaving from Barcelona, for 7 days. We are booked in a balcony cabin, #8122. We plan on spending most of our time in ports, so this will be our "floating hotel" so to speak. I wanted port side, as this usually is the side arriving into port. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this cabin or one similar? Is the view obstructed with life boats or a roof of the cabin below us? How are the side walls on the balcony? Any suggestions or tips for Brilliance OTS? Thank you for your help!

If the weather allows, enjoy the outdoor Windjammer seating aft of Windjammer.

Bob, have you ever been on the Brilliance? Really haven't read much that people have written about her. Thank you for the suggestion about the Windjammer.

Bob, have you ever been on the Brilliance? Really haven't read much that people have written about her. Thank you for the suggestion about the Windjammer.

Yes, we've done several cruises on Brilliance, including a transatlantic. Very nice ship, excellent crew, would not hesitate to cruise on her again.

I haven't been on Brilliance in a few years but really enjoyed my previous cruises on her. Doesn't have all the bells & whistles of the bigger ships but as you'll be in the Med it really doesn't matter, as you said you'll be ashore the majority of days. I had a balcony on deck 8 once and the view was fine, no obstruction from the life boat covers as they are directly below the deck 7 balconies. Enjoy your cruise & Barcelona - one of my favorite cities in the world!

I haven't been on Brilliance in a few years but really enjoyed my previous cruises on her. Doesn't have all the bells & whistles of the bigger ships but as you'll be in the Med it really doesn't matter, as you said you'll be ashore the majority of days. I had a balcony on deck 8 once and the view was fine, no obstruction from the life boat covers as they are directly below the deck 7 balconies. Enjoy your cruise & Barcelona - one of my favorite cities in the world!

I know I should ask this ? in the ports of call section, but since you said you loved Barcelona, what did you do there? When you traveled, did you use the ship tours, or research and find your own?

I know I should ask this ? in the ports of call section, but since you said you loved Barcelona, what did you do there? When you traveled, did you use the ship tours, or research and find your own?

I stayed 2 days in the Gothic Quarter, which is right in the heart of the city. You can spend an entire day just walking around the area as there is so much to see. Also took the HOHO bus (it's an easy walk to the terminal). They have 2 or three routes that take you all around the city. Sagrada Familia (sp?) is magnificent & a must see. Also check out the Boqueria (sp?) which is one of the largest markets in Europe. Loads of great restaurants, make sure to try some tapas. It's been several years since I was last there, if I can recall some other things I'll come back & post.

Really haven't read much that people have written about her.

Look at the right hand side of this page. There's a list of every Royal Caribbean ship.

Find "Brilliance" and click on it. Many current topics written recently to help you.

In case you cannot find that link, here it is to everything about Brilliance that fellow cruisers are talking/have talked about

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/royal-caribbean/brilliance

I stayed 2 days in the Gothic Quarter, which is right in the heart of the city. You can spend an entire day just walking around the area as there is so much to see. Also took the HOHO bus (it's an easy walk to the terminal). They have 2 or three routes that take you all around the city. Sagrada Familia (sp?) is magnificent & a must see. Also check out the Boqueria (sp?) which is one of the largest markets in Europe. Loads of great restaurants, make sure to try some tapas. It's been several years since I was last there, if I can recall some other things I'll come back & post.

Thank you thank you!!! I am writing down all of this information. I know we will have limited time there and it truly helps knowing about the favs!

Love Barcelona....

Always stay there pre/ post cruise....Hop on/ off bus ...

Ride the red bus route then transfer to blue if you have time... it will take you all over city.

Unfortunately we have found the cruise port and Rombulus are the busiest stops on the route. If you can get on the stop before or after each of those stops you usually can get a seat.

We take the bus the entire route and then decide where we want to go.

The green route takes you out past the harbor towards the zoo. Not as much to see if you don’t have the time.

Unfortunately most of the places are jammed in season and ticket lines are long so the bus is your best bet to see the most areas in limited time.

By the way the dock in Barcelona is long!

You must walk over a bridge and long sidewalk so a taxi might be wise and ask them to take you to the nearest stop for bus...you can download the stops off the web.

We really Enjoy Brillance this will be our 4th cruise on her next month... Have fun!