Is there an overflow DL on the Adventure?

Bob, is the Viking crown lounge used as overflow for Diamond Cocktail hours. I remember Mariner used the VKL every night as the private party area and on our last TA on Independence the entire deck 14 was private party. This was before both ships were in dry dock. On Indy both sides of the ship on 14 were used as diamond lounge during the day with both sides having coffee and snacks as well as continental breakfast items.

Bob, is the Viking crown lounge used as overflow for Diamond Cocktail hours. I remember Mariner used the VKL every night as the private party area and on our last TA on Independence the entire deck 14 was private party. This was before both ships were in dry dock. On Indy both sides of the ship on 14 were used as diamond lounge during the day with both sides having coffee and snacks as well as continental breakfast items.

I did not see the Viking Crown being used as an overflow anytime during our last 3 cruises on Adventure, starting in March of this year. However, during a transatlantic I think all bets are off with regard to overflow lounges. Our experience has been that they open up whatever is necessary to accommodate the large number of D and above guests.

Hello,

I think whether there is an overflow bar or not might depend on the size of the overflow.

I've been on both the Adventure and Indy out of Southampton and either: There is no overflow and D members wander the bars muttering their displeasure; DL & CL merge in Pyramid lounge (or whatever called on deck 5 fwd) with no service in the DL &CL; VCL becomes the overflow using the bar and its own hors d'oeuvre set-up.

Regards,

Cublet