Transferring booking from MSC to TA -- do you lose anything?

xcell

Transferring booking from MSC to TA -- do you lose anything? Other than being able to directly contacting MSC for issues --would I lose OBC, etc...

Whatever deal you got directly from MSC would remain. By switching to a TA they could add additional perks on top of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How about the other way around? I booked via a a popular website as it was better priced than MSC and after requesting the 5% loyalty discount and have it applied I seem to have lost all the initial perks of the agency:(

So basically now I have the same price as if I have booked on MSC website with the loyalty discount included but all the agency discounts disappeared:(

I called and they won't budge, thinking of canceling and rebooking .

We booked with MSC , as YC cabins were selling quickly and wanted to make sure we got one. Then, found info here about a TA that does just cruises. (Big box store we usually book through, does not do MSC)

The TA emailed me new pricing for our cruise. They had me call MSC and cancel our booking, contact them and they were able to get our “old” cabin back and give us the additional savings and keep perks. Went from approx 4,500 to 3,700. Big savings for us and we are happy.

He has since been able to add new perk offered for our cruise and change cabin for us. Final payment not until December.

Where is this cruise agency located? Thanks

We booked with MSC , as YC cabins were selling quickly and wanted to make sure we got one. Then, found info here about a TA that does just cruises. (Big box store we usually book through, does not do MSC)

The TA emailed me new pricing for our cruise. They had me call MSC and cancel our booking, contact them and they were able to get our “old” cabin back and give us the additional savings and keep perks. Went from approx 4,500 to 3,700. Big savings for us and we are happy.

He has since been able to add new perk offered for our cruise and change cabin for us. Final payment not until December.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Where is this cruise agency located? Thanks

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

This is not unique you can get new deals and perks before final payment, it is extremely rare for any cruise line to give you anything after final payment