Pride 19 August port arrival

flyboyswife

It’s been a while since I cruised CCL. In the past, cruise docs merely suggested a port arrival time. This time, I had to select a time and all that was left was late afternoon (just booked last night). Can anyone offer an opinion as to whether we really need to wait until specified time? Ideally, I’d like to get on the ship as soon as possible. Sailing the Pride out of Baltimore. TIA!

Sailed on Pride 3X this year and the first cruise I had an arrival time of 1:00 - 1:30.

Got there around 11:00 (the first time) expecting to wait and no one checked anything.

We were on the ship before noon.

I've had 3 different arrival times and so far no one's asked...but I'm usually within the time frame and actually prefer the later boarding.

It’s been a while since I cruised CCL. In the past, cruise docs merely suggested a port arrival time. This time, I had to select a time and all that was left was late afternoon (just booked last night). Can anyone offer an opinion as to whether we really need to wait until specified time? Ideally, I’d like to get on the ship as soon as possible. Sailing the Pride out of Baltimore. TIA!

You can always try and come early. I've read reports that if the terminal clears out, they will let people in who arrive early. This happens when the previous sailing gets back early (which happens), and they start boarding early. Hence, they are running ahead of schedule. But, you never know.

If you get there early, the worst thing that could happen is you have to wait outside the terminal (no seating, not sure about shade) and wait until your time. If you are driving to the port, I'm pretty sure they will let you park early.

The whole idea behind arrival times is so that not everyone shows up at the same time. You should assume it will be enforced, especially if the ship is late in arriving or being cleared.

• 2 weeks later...

11:00 to 11:30 is around when the lot opens if the ship arrives timely. As I recall the earliest embarkation time for the Pride is 12:30ish. They do not let car in to park until about 3/4 of the cars from the previous cruise have left. We never experienced a very long line, but we have been in line for about 15-20 minutes waiting to drop off our suitcases. We feel the holdup are dropping off your suitcases with the porters and paying for parking. We have found that paying for parking in cash get you through faster and removes one of the delaying procedures.

11:00 to 11:30 is around when the lot opens if the ship arrives timely. As I recall the earliest embarkation time for the Pride is 12:30ish. They do not let car in to park until about 3/4 of the cars from the previous cruise have left. We never experienced a very long line, but we have been in line for about 15-20 minutes waiting to drop off our suitcases. We feel the holdup are dropping off your suitcases with the porters and paying for parking. We have found that paying for parking in cash get you through faster and removes one of the delaying procedures.
Thank you! Our trip isn't until January but we're driving in from Ohio morning of, so this information is extremely helpful in determining what time to leave!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Sailed the pride a few weeks ago and showed up to park at 10:55 and was told to come back at 11:30. Came back at 11:25 and they were letting people park. We has luggage dropped, parking paid for and were at the terminal in about 15 minutes. We had faster to the fun and were on board by 12:45.

No one looked at our boarding passes when we walked into the terminal, so if we had a later check in time, no one would have stopped us. Not sure how far we would have gotten, though.

Thank you! Our trip isn't until January but we're driving in from Ohio morning of, so this information is extremely helpful in determining what time to leave!

If you are driving from Ohio in January, I would leave at "O-Dark-Thirty". At that time of year, you never know what kind of weather you will encounter.

You should check into a hotel that allows you to park your car during the cruise. The difference in costs should be minimal compared to parking at the port. They usually provide shuttles to the port. Then you can leave the day before and cut down on the chances of bad weather causing you to miss the ship.