Flight out of fll

debster11

I am taking a cruise out of Miami but flying out of Fort Lauderdale. Is a flight leaving at 12:20 too early?

I am stressing that it is.

We have taken 9:30-10:00am flights before out of FLL before, rush, rush, rush.

But, if the ship is delayed beware. The flights can sometimes be packed with people being re-scheduled. :eek:

We now book a room after debarkation, then take the next morning early flights. Less stress, more $$ yes, but a lot more pleasurable.... No stress.... or rush.:) IMHO, worth the extra $$.

What time are you arriving in Miami? The drive from MIA to FLL is about 40 minutes to an hour. We had a 1:35pm (boarding at 1:00pm) flight in June, same situation. We got up at 7am, had a quick breakfast, went back to the room to grab our bags, got to the terminal and hailed an UBER. We got in the car at 8:48am. Arrived at FLL at 9:28am. Needless to say, we could have stayed in bed or at breakfast longer ;)

Last year when we cruised on the Vista in/out of Miami we also booked our flights using FLL. Our return flight was originally at 12:15, and then Delta changed the flight schedule and moved it back to a 11:15 departure. I was a little concerned, but we decided to just roll with it. Since we are platinum, we were off the ship very quickly. Our pre-booked car was there and waiting when we got out of the terminal. I think we got to FLL by 9AM. It was easy breezy!

You should have no problem making this flight, and if you really want to alleviate additional worries, just do self-disembarkation around 7AM. You can hang out at the airport for a few hours and not have to stress yourself out.

But, if the ship is delayed beware. The flights can sometimes be packed with people being re-scheduled. :eek:

We now book a room after debarkation, then take the next morning early flights. Less stress, more $$ yes, but a lot more pleasurable.... No stress.... or rush.:) IMHO, worth the extra $$.

I do the same. I usually find the flights to be cheaper on the day after debarkation. This offsets the cost of the room. For my upcoming San Juan thanksgiving week cruse, the airfare savings is mor than twice the cost of the hotel room.

I do the same. I usually find the flights to be cheaper on the day after debarkation. This offsets the cost of the room. For my upcoming San Juan thanksgiving week cruse, the airfare savings is mor than twice the cost of the hotel room.

Great idea. We come back from Cuba next year on the 23rd and my birthday is on the 24th - a Monday at that. I told the hubby we are definitely spending the night so we can have fun on my actual birthday. I mean coming home and unpacking and doing laundry is bad enough - but to do it on your birthday, the day AFTER a cruise?! Come on!!! LOL

I am taking a cruise out of Miami but flying out of Fort Lauderdale. Is a flight leaving at 12:20 too early?

You are within the transfer flight guidelines for Carnival, which say you should have a flight booked no earlier than 12:00 PM. Even if you don't take Carnival's transfers, it's nice to know you are within their official suggested time. You don't have a lot of leeway here, so you will want to hurry up even if it makes you wait in the airport for a few hours.

I was wondering about this too since we're flying into Fort Lauderdale for our cruise on the Horizon next fall. I wish Southwest flew into Miami.

What time are you arriving in Miami? The drive from MIA to FLL is about 40 minutes to an hour. We had a 1:35pm (boarding at 1:00pm) flight in June, same situation. We got up at 7am, had a quick breakfast, went back to the room to grab our bags, got to the terminal and hailed an UBER. We got in the car at 8:48am. Arrived at FLL at 9:28am. Needless to say, we could have stayed in bed or at breakfast longer ;)

It says we will arrive at 8:00 am but probably sooner. We will be taking an UBER as well so this makes me feel better. Thank you.

Just a word of caution. My last cruise on royal, they had a problem with their computer system. We were delayed getting off the ship for over an hour. There were people who had lined up for self assist that were still standing in line at 9am.

So just keep in mind things don’t always go as planned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums