Captain or Grand Suite available at boarding?

SadieN

Having a friendly discussion on our roll call.

Is a perk of the Captain’s Suites or Grand Suites having the cabin available at boarding? Or do they have to wait?

Specifically if the pax do not have Diamond/Platinum/FTTF.

Other person is saying they do. I say these suites are the same as other suites. Couldn’t find the answer in the Carnival.com FAQs.

TIA

This is a specific point of disagreement among Carnival cruisers. Officially, suites are not ready for early access if you are not Diamond, Platinum or FTTF. However many people have been told at check-in that their suite would be ready and it has been. So once again Carnival is consistently inconsistent.

I think it varies by port and ship also. I have it documented on the paper they handed us when we checked in to our March Elation Cruise in Jacksonville. Suite guest rooms will be available immediately upon boarding.

I was wondering the same thing. We have 3 OS booked on our upcoming Horizon cruise. There is no FTTF on our cruise (actually not offered on any Horizon cruise till Dec as Carnival was expecting a lot of Diamonds and Plats in the first few months). I was therefore wondering if the suites would be ready at boarding, since the cabin attendants would not have the FTTF cabins to service first.

I think it varies by port and ship also. I have it documented on the paper they handed us when we checked in to our March Elation Cruise in Jacksonville. Suite guest rooms will be available immediately upon boarding.

Thanks so much for clarifying this. I'm sailing on the Elation soon and we have a grand suite booked. I have been told to cancel the FTTF because my suite would be ready and I have also been told to keep it because the suite won't be ready.

It would be nice if Carnival would get on the same page when giving out information..... wishful thinking 🤔🤔

This is Carnival’s answer to my email when I asked if I had a suite would my cabin be ready at embarkation without FTTF and if I wasn’t Diamond or Platinum. Short answer: Suites are not ready and they don’t designate between the different types of suites.

804d9b7c457a939bf4ab15ee077c4b1f.png

Very true unless of course the ships decides to do it differently,

Very true unless of course the ships decides to do it differently' date='[/quote']

This is true to my findings as well. Seems those that pay extra have access to their rooms and are made available . Example (Suites and FTTF) rooms are prepared before the Diamond, Platinum members and it varies from ship to ship. I also agree that the crew has taken it among themselves to do so.

To flatly state it, the staff has started to ignore the Diamond and Platinum members for those that pay for their perks.

Edited by BoDidly

This is true to my findings as well. Seems those that pay extra have access to their rooms and are made available . Example (Suites and FTTF) rooms are prepared before the Diamond, Platinum members and it varies from ship to ship. I also agree that the crew has taken it among themselves to do so.

To flatly state it, the staff has started to ignore the Diamond and Platinum members for those that pay for their perks.

Have not seen that but sometimes all four groups are called together to board.

Not true. I’ve always sailed in the Captain’s Suite and have always had priority boarding and priority disembarkation. However, I sail aboard the Imagination, the Conquest (twice) and Victory and I was able to get to my suite immediately. I think they have figured out that the diamond and platinum pax are not necessarily big spenders and they aren’t making money from them as with the Suite pax. My cousin is platinum and all she gets when she books is an interior room.

Wait a minute now :D , is Carnival confused or are they trying to confuse their customers.;p

Priority luggage delivery for suites was never listed as a perk but it showed as such on the luggage tags. It appears they corrected this shortly after I wrote them the email. Once they responded with the letter I posted I then I replied in part:

“There seems to be a discrepancy about the luggage because the suite tags have the FTTF logo on them and, therefore, do get Priority luggage delivery. Will Carnival be changing that?”

There was more, but that’s the luggage tag part.

Not true. I’ve always sailed in the Captain’s Suite and have always had priority boarding and priority disembarkation. However, I sail aboard the Imagination, the Conquest (twice) and Victory and I was able to get to my suite immediately. I think they have figured out that the diamond and platinum pax are not necessarily big spenders and they aren’t making money from them as with the Suite pax. My cousin is platinum and all she gets when she books is an interior room.

You won't get to your early anymore now that the cards are in the mailboxes outside the cabins when the rooms are ready which is approx 1:30PM for suites just like everyone else that isn't Diamond/Platinum/FTTF. Priority embarkation/debarkation is a perk of a suite.

You won't get to your early anymore now that the cards are in the mailboxes outside the cabins when the rooms are ready which is approx 1:30PM for suites just like everyone else that isn't Diamond/Platinum/FTTF. Priority embarkation/debarkation is a perk of a suite.

True on some ships and false on others as many cruisers with suites have already posted. I know you believe that all ships follow Carnival's official policies, but that is simply not true.

True on some ships and false on others as many cruisers with suites have already posted. I know you believe that all ships follow Carnival's official policies, but that is simply not true.

The official answer from Carnival is that it is not a perk. Now that the cabin keys are placed in the mailboxes as they are supposed to be according to Carnival, the people who tried to access their suites early will no longer be able to. If they enter the hallway and don’t find the envelope with their keys, then they have no right to be upset. If a certain ship decides to do it differently then that’s on them. But just because it happened that way before doesn’t mean it will again and should not be expected.

I hope the Diamond desk is no longer giving incorrect info telling people that their suite will be ready if they don’t have FTTF and aren’t Diamond or Platinum as I addressed that issue as well in my letter.