3 for Free?

yvr49

what does 3 for free mean?

Last year it meant

1) Free gratuities

2) Reduced Deposit

3) Upgraded cabin. Example: Book a BB balcony for the price of a BF. The highest grade of each category is excluded, in this case BA.

Last year it meant

1) Free gratuities

2) Reduced Deposit

3) Upgraded cabin. Example: Book a BB balcony for the price of a BF. The highest grade of each category is excluded, in this case BA.

I think the last couple years it has been free gratuities, some on board credit and the supposed stateroom upgrade.

If Princess follows the past 2-3 years, this will follow the Sip and Sail sometime in September. It is often a better deal for cruisers who don't drink enough to make the Sip and Sail pay off. Often the OBC is more than we would spend on a bar tab.

Jim

What's the ballpark on about how long the 3 for free sales usually last? Thanks.

It’s been from early September to mid November however being capacity controlled booking as soon as possible is best. The next one should cover Summer 2019 to Spring 2020 cruises & includes all types of cabins.

Here’s a link to information from the 2017 version of the 3 for Free offer:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/princess-cruises-3-free-sale-120000532.html

The "3 for Free" cruise sale includes:

• Free stateroom location upgrades - enabling guests to get the best preferred stateroom available within that stateroom type for the lowest possible fare
  • Free onboard gratuities
  • Free onboard spending money - up to $600 per stateroom

In addition, the cruise sale features a low $100 per person refundable deposit.

I'm looking at a British Isles cruise departing June 21, 2019. I wonder if that date is considered a spring departure. Sure would be nice if it is.

If it is not filling at the rate they want, it is always possible.

Booking a trip last fall for this fall, we actually got $1000 each OBC plus the free grats. However, in a sale late this winter or so, we gave up the $1000 for a huge savings on the room. Still got $500 OBC each and the free grats plus over $3500 off the room. It just shows you need to keep looking as you never know when a better price might be offered.

I'm looking at a British Isles cruise departing June 21, 2019. I wonder if that date is considered a spring departure. Sure would be nice if it is.

I’d think that date would be included because that’s the first official day of summer 2019.

It’s been my experience that cruise lines don’t always use the season’s calendar dates when determining sale availability.