Getaway Vibe

lfreda

Did you know that kids are no longer allowed on the Haven sundeck, it is only for those 16 and older?

Would you still feel the need to acquire a Vibe pass knowing that?

I'm just curious . . .

Is that true for Getaway? Through the it was only the Escape? Also thought Vibe is non smoking where Haven sun deck has smoking?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Now I am confused. I too thought I read that The Haven sundeck is kid-free on the Getaway. Our cabin is right near the stairs up to the sundeck just for that reason. I had completely dismissed the idea of Vibe passes once we upgraded to The Haven since I figured we could always escape any of the little ones that get out of control by going up to the sundeck. Anyone have a definitive, recent experience with this on the Getaway?

Now I am confused. I too thought I read that The Haven sundeck is kid-free on the Getaway. Our cabin is right near the stairs up to the sundeck just for that reason. I had completely dismissed the idea of Vibe passes once we upgraded to The Haven since I figured we could always escape any of the little ones that get out of control by going up to the sundeck. Anyone have a definitive, recent experience with this on the Getaway?

It is my understanding that the decision was fleetwide.

Does anyone have any recent experience getting Vibe passes on the Getaway? Just wondering how the competition is.

We have sailed the Getaway multiple times. The first time we got a Vibe Cabana. Since then we do not even bother with it. The Vibe is nice but it is WAAAAAAY over hyped. Save your money and the frustration, use that money better someplace else.

Here's my two main criteria: adults only and non-smoking. I also like that there is a bar right in Vibe but I get that there is a bar in the Haven courtyard one flight down. If anyone can definitively answer as to the Getaway is Haven sundeck adults only and non-smoking? If so I won't bother getting Vibe passes.

Here's my two main criteria: adults only and non-smoking. I also like that there is a bar right in Vibe but I get that there is a bar in the Haven courtyard one flight down. If anyone can definitively answer as to the Getaway is Haven sundeck adults only and non-smoking? If so I won't bother getting Vibe passes.

According to others on cruise critic, both the Haven sun deck and Vibe have designated smoking areas.

According to others on cruise critic, both the Haven sun deck and Vibe have designated smoking areas.

I can attest there is a smoking area in the Getaway Haven sun deck. It is partitioned off by a hard plastic wall so there is a separation. It is annoying however because the smoking section is as far forward as you can go. So if you want to watch the view from up there, you have to deal with the smoke and ashtrays.

As far as I know September 2017, it was not advertised as an adults only area, but there were no children up there. Come to think of it, I do not remember seeing any kids in the Haven on the Baltic cruise. As far as the bar one flight down, the servers will come up to you to get your drink order.

Edited by Seminole1975

It is my understanding that the decision was fleetwide.

Thanks! That helps. Really do not want to spend another $258 for Vibe tickets if I do not have to. I can use it for gifts for my new Granddaughter! :D

Thanks! That helps. Really do not want to spend another $258 for Vibe tickets if I do not have to. I can use it for gifts for my new Granddaughter! :D

But see response on another thread as of this spring there were kids up there.

But see response on another thread as of this spring there were kids up there.

I started a post to get clarification. Follow this thread for responses on whether there is a fleetwide policy that Haven is now only for those 16 or older:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2663743

As far as I have been able to ascertain, neither area is completely non-smoking. Each has a small area set aside for smokers on the Getaway.

Haven is now 16+ (effective in June)

Vibe is 18+

Did you know that kids are no longer allowed on the Haven sundeck, it is only for those 16 and older?

Would you still feel the need to acquire a Vibe pass knowing that?

I'm just curious . . .

Yes, I read that on Cruise Critic when that age requirement went into effect. Honestly, I am back and forth on what we will do. Right now I am leaning to getting the Vibe passes. We really do enjoy it.

Let us know what you decide.

First time on the Getaway and only our 2nd NCL Cruise. Very interested in Vibe as we are in our early 50’s and looking for a more peaceful area. What deck is embarkation? Curious if I need to do some training in order to get to guest services quickly [emoji23][emoji23] Seriously, though, we are staying at Doubletree Brickell and plan to be at port by 9:30.

Curious if I need to do some training in order to get to guest services quickly

:'):')

I am actually hoping that with the Haven sundeck age requirement change, it will give those not in the Haven a better chance to get Vibe passes and cut down on the need to run an obstacle course to get them. ;)

Only time will tell if the Haven change will help the situation . . .

As far as I have been able to ascertain, neither area is completely non-smoking. Each has a small area set aside for smokers on the Getaway.

Haven is now 16+ (effective in June)

Vibe is 18+

On board the Getaway now. Haven is 16+ only.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On board the Getaway now. Haven is 16+ only.

Did you get Vibe passes, if so let’s us know how you like it.

Lunch at Margaritaville?

Have a great cruise!

Edit: Saw your other post, you didn’t get Vibe.

We were able to get vibe passes on the getaway and we were in boarding group 5 if that helps. We really enjoyed it. There was a quiet deck near it that wasn’t fully occupied.

Thanks for the report. Maybe the 30% price increase is having an effect or could be summer cruise with lots of families that can’t use Vibe.

Did you feel the free public sundeck with bar outside of Vibe would’ve worked for you?

Did you get Vibe passes, if so let’s us know how you like it.

Lunch at Margaritaville?

Have a great cruise!

Edit: Saw your other post, you didn’t get Vibe.

Yes decided we didn’t need Vibe, since there’s enough covered shade in the Haven sundeck and its 16+. Ate at Margaritaville for lunch but didn’t get the Volcano nachos, they were too big! Got the fish tacos they were very good. Great drinks so far!

Does anyone have any recent experience getting Vibe passes on the Getaway? Just wondering how the competition is.

Just get to the port around 8:30, no later than 9 and once through security, camp out at the right boarding place. There is a big sign that says "Boarding" but it's not there. lol It's on the other side of the room past the coffee machine near the bathrooms and vending machines.

Then move it once you get called.

You should be fine. But listen, if you don't get them, don't worry. I had them last November and it was really kind of a buzzkill. It's a nice escape from the crowds and all but the woman running it was afraid of her own shadow and going on and on all week about how her supervisors are watching her and no music and no smoking past this exact point and where is your wristband....I mean Jesus. All I could think was I paid extra for this? But if you really want them, just do the above and you should be fine.

We were in the Haven July 1-8 and were numbers 18 and 19. They were gone by boarding group 2. You’ll need to be at port by 10-10:30 to have a shot if you don’t have priority boarding.

Price is now $129

$129. That's hysterical. This crew doesn't waste any time with normal increases huh? Just go right to 30+%. Having had Vibe on both NCL cruises, I think $129 takes me out of the amazing race for passes, especially based on my last experience in there on Getaway.

Whoa, it depends.

The concierge has some but once other Haven guests take those, there are no more. You don't have to run but if you saunter onto the ship hours after general boarding begins, there is no guarantee that the concierge will have anything.

The BEST option for Haven guests is to arrive and check-in before general boarding begins. Then, use priority boarding and saunter (no need to run) to Guest Services. Don't count on the concierge to have passes as other Haven guests may get there before you.

The concierge can call down BUT if the passes are already gone from there, nothing more can be done.

I would bet my house that if a Haven guest wants Vibe and there are no more passes, that said passes, or at least the wristbands and key cards, will magically appear. They are not pissing off suite guests over these passes, especially when suite guests are willing to hand over more cash for them. Regular people? Sure. Absolutely denied. Haveners? They'll get them.

I was on Getaway last November with smoking friends. As of then, smoking was absolutely allowed, but only at the end of one side of the bar which was strictly enforced.

Thanks for the report. Maybe the 30% price increase is having an effect or could be summer cruise with lots of families that can’t use Vibe.

Did you feel the free public sundeck with bar outside of Vibe would’ve worked for you?

I know for a fact that it sold out by boarding group 9 so no idea why it never looked sold out. That sun deck would’ve worked also. There was a bar there too.