Behind the fun tour

lindan1020

I loved the tour on Imagination. I got some fun pictures in places I would not be allowed ordinarily (their camera, mine was embargoed) a lanyard and a behind the fun hat.

Yes that is the policy and while I understand it, it is still a bit of a shame. Another competing cruise line which we've sailed allows photos on the bridge during a tour for suite guests which we took full advantage of. :D

I loved the tour on Imagination. I got some fun pictures in places I would not be allowed ordinarily (their camera, mine was embargoed) a lanyard and a behind the fun hat.

The only thing I didn't like about the tour on Fantasy class ships was the "stairs" down into the engine control room. They were so steep that it felt like I was climbing a ladder. I had to lean back to maintain my grip and footing. I was more unsteady if I hugged the stairs.

You just walk into the engine control room on all of the other classes.

I've done the BtF Tour on every Carnival cruise so far (so, 7 times) and I've always learned something new each time. I'll do it again on the Magic in October.

It's a lot of walking and some up and down stairs but even us old and out of shape people made it through just fine. I probably wouldn't do it again on Conquest class or smaller but I would probably do it on a Vista class if we get the chance.

Absolutely do it on a Vista-class. I did it last October on Vista and the Engineering Control Room was almost worth the price of admission alone. It reminded me of a sci-fi space-navy warship's bridge right out of, say, David Weber's books, even down to the hi-def touch-screen display "table."

The only thing I didn't like about the tour on Fantasy class ships was the "stairs" down into the engine control room. They were so steep that it felt like I was climbing a ladder. I had to lean back to maintain my grip and footing. I was more unsteady if I hugged the stairs.

You just walk into the engine control room on all of the other classes.

Yep, I remember that "staircase" masquerading as a ladder very well. The BtF description warns about the possibility of steep stairs, but that one has been the only one I've seen (on the Imagination, waybackwhen).

We did the tour on the Legend a few years back. I agree with the $95 cost. We thought it a bit steep but booked anyway. Glad we did. Fascinating information and discussion with different operations of the ship. I highly recommend doing it once in your cruising journey. Would love to book it on our upcoming Horizon cruise. We'll see. :)