Another season, another reason for RCL to cancel Lifou visits

Not sure if this is the third, or 4th season it's happened, but poor Lifou can't get a break with RCL.

Ovation cruises planned for next season at least to visit Lifou have had that port removed, without replacement. More unhappy cruisers. And after all this time RCL's port planning at Lifou should be a lot better.

Hasn't RCL got IOP (Isle Of Pines) back as there is a new Tender wharf there. They have built a new tender wharf to accomidate the tenders from Ovation & other RCL mega-ships???

there's also a new toilet facilty, very swish, by the photo's I have seen..

We went to Lifou with RCI on Explorer (28Mar) with no issues. Perhaps it is the need for tendering with the bigger ship? Perhaps the local authorities have failed to meet commitments they have made?

It's a nice place to visit, but don't see too many getting their knickers in too much of a knot over not going there. Quite a few people on our cruise decided to stay on the ship when they found out they had to pay for the bus to the beach &/or there was a charge to snorkel at Baie de Jinek. Yes, amazing I know, spend thousands on a cruise and then penny pinch :D

Hasn't RCL got IOP (Isle Of Pines) back as there is a new Tender wharf there. They have built a new tender wharf to accomidate the tenders from Ovation & other RCL mega-ships???

there's also a new toilet facilty, very swish, by the photo's I have seen..

I heard RCL had a falling out with the locals at isle of pines.

• 4 weeks later...