FOOD for thought!

dsotm73

What you posted may be true, but "I" at the age of 75, still try to do all the steps I can do!:) I find normally, who ever is with me, by the time they finally get on the elevator, and it arrives on the floor we are going to, "I" am already there!:)

First.. it is vacation and meant to be spent having fun, relaxing, with NO worries! Secondly, the past 4 cruises I have come home approx. 3 pounds heavier. I think this is amazing seeing as I:

-eat melting Cake with 2 scoops of ice cream every night

- at least two nights I have a piece of choc cake from the coffee place

- I have at least 2 pieces of pizza every night before bed

-3 lobsters on elegant night, plus eat 2 apps every night and whatever I want

-drink alcohol as to how I feel each day

-eat guys burgers, tacos etc on a whim

-love bread on the table at dinner

etc etc

I am going to enjoy and continue to cruise! :-)

Forget the calories look at the saturated and unsaturated FAT grams and the monounsaturated fat is healthier but still fat !! :eek:

48 grams of fat isn't worth it to me, YMMV (widely.) :)

Calories in Carnival's Warm Chocolate Melting Cake

Nutrition Facts

Servings Per Recipe: 6

Serving Size: 1 serving

Amount Per Serving

Calories620.9Total Fat48.0 gSaturated Fat27.9 gPolyunsaturated Fat2.7 gMonounsaturated Fat14.1 gCholesterol297.3 mgSodium304.1 mgPotassium240.2 mgTotal Carbohydrate44.4 gDietary Fiber2.5 gSugars33.3 gProtein

It's ok....I only eat half of it :)

I have found that I normally lose 1-2 pounds on a cruise. I normally eat breakfast (1/2 bagel or toast or banana bread with fruit, sometimes 1/2 an omelet), a light lunch since I am usually still full from breakfast when DH is ready for his next round, and for dinner it is usually 1 roll, 1-2 appetizers, 1/2 my entree and 1/2 my dessert. I have to stop 1/2 way through my entree so I have enough room to try my dessert. By then I am stuffed. On every cruise I have had to tell the waiters that there was nothing wrong with my meal and that I was just full as they always want to bring me something else when they see half of it left on my plate. I rarely snack in between meals since I am not hungry. Usually this is even more than I normally eat in a day at home. I am more active on a ship. There are stairs and much more walking. At home I sit behind a desk all day. DH on the other hand normally gains 5+ pounds on a cruise. He is less active than he is at home and he eats a lot more :o:o:).

Don't worry about it, calories are just tiny critters that live in your closet and sew your clothes smaller while you sleep clear.png?emoji-wink-1685

:loudcry::loudcry::loudcry::loudcry:Wonder if an exterminator can take care of those... lol