Nickel and dime before 1st cruise starts

I always get a massage, not much selling at end. I also dont mind talking to the roving waiters, you can negotiate the price a bit. 30% discount at Izumi is $30 for a couple

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’m considering treating my husband to a massage so that’s good to hear. The $30.00 for a couple at Izumi sounds fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m considering treating my husband to a massage so that’s good to hear. The $30.00 for a couple at Izumi sounds fantastic!

Ask for Wan Pen. She was on vacation in June, may be back by now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I completely agree! I also feel like if you don’t have a glowing review then maybe this isn’t the site to be on. Any complaint is met with negativity and I’ve been told I was going to have a miserable time on my cruise and I should cancel just because I had a negative experience trying to get a drink package waived. I’ve also read to not waste my time getting a massage because they try to hard sell other spa treatments. This is the purpose of reviews to kind of know what to expect.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but... Welcome to the internet. Any time you post a question/comment in a public internet forum you're opening yourself up to get a wide variety of replies. While you did get some replies like the one that said you should cancel because you're looking for trouble, you also got other replies that were less sharp-edged.

As with anything, take all the input you're given and then sift through it to figure out what input is valuable to you, and what input isn't. You're never going to get 100% sunny or useful responses on any internet venue.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but... Welcome to the internet. Any time you post a question/comment in a public internet forum you're opening yourself up to get a wide variety of replies. While you did get some replies like the one that said you should cancel because you're looking for trouble, you also got other replies that were less sharp-edged.

As with anything, take all the input you're given and then sift through it to figure out what input is valuable to you, and what input isn't. You're never going to get 100% sunny or useful responses on any internet venue.

I’m very familiar with the way the internet works and how to sift through what info is useful or not. Thanks for a welcome to the internet though.

I’m sure I will be shot for saying this, but I don’t understand why someone can’t ask a question from their own personal perspective without so many responders being critical, snarky, condescending, or plain rude. We all communicate the best we can, using our own verbage - is it not possible to just allow people that? Maybe just respond to be supportive or truly helpful and move along otherwise?

I agree completely.

I’m sure I will be shot for saying this, but I don’t understand why someone can’t ask a question from their own personal perspective without so many responders being critical, snarky, condescending, or plain rude. We all communicate the best we can, using our own verbage - is it not possible to just allow people that? Maybe just respond to be supportive or truly helpful and move along otherwise?

I agree completely.

Thank you!

I won't knock the OP for being annoyed, the hard upsell IS annoying. I will say that the call center employees have certain QA (quality assurance) criteria that they have to meet, and sales is one of them. If they don't try to sell you a product during every phone call, they get dinged by QA. That's how most call centers work (I have a nephew that works for AT&T and my friend's daughter works for Comcast) and they all have some level of upselling requirements. Just something to bear in mind when you call in and get a persistent agent.

I agree completely.

Great attitude.

I completely agree! I also feel like if you don’t have a glowing review then maybe this isn’t the site to be on. Any complaint is met with negativity and I’ve been told I was going to have a miserable time on my cruise and I should cancel just because I had a negative experience trying to get a drink package waived. I’ve also read to not waste my time getting a massage because they try to hard sell other spa treatments. This is the purpose of reviews to kind of know what to expect.

I always think it's sad when posters write "cancel the cruise" just because an OP posts about a negative experience"

I always think it's sad when posters write "cancel the cruise" just because an OP posts about a negative experience"
I agree.

We all have the opportunity to make our own cruises special or not so special and someone saying 'cancel the cruise' is a negative response itself.

We have been fortunate all our cruises to date have been fantastic partly because we don't let any minor mishaps affect us.

I won't knock the OP for being annoyed, the hard upsell IS annoying. I will say that the call center employees have certain QA (quality assurance) criteria that they have to meet, and sales is one of them. If they don't try to sell you a product during every phone call, they get dinged by QA. That's how most call centers work (I have a nephew that works for AT&T and my friend's daughter works for Comcast) and they all have some level of upselling requirements. Just something to bear in mind when you call in and get a persistent agent.

Thinking about it from that point of view changes my feelings on it. I haven’t worked in sales, but my first job was in customer service on the phone so I do remember having to meet certain criteria for my calls.

No way am I canceling this cruise over something like that. This is my dream vacation and I’m so excited! I think we’re all guilty of getting annoyed at times. I am keeping an open mind about things and I do plan to have an amazing vacation! I’ll definitely come back and post a review of how it all went.

No way am I canceling this cruise over something like that. This is my dream vacation and I’m so excited! I think we’re all guilty of getting annoyed at times. I am keeping an open mind about things and I do plan to have an amazing vacation! I’ll definitely come back and post a review of how it all went.

That's great and I hope you have a fantastic cruise.i like your Snapchat picture too.

Love this :) it’s so true. The amount of people that post “no negative comments please” or similar things is crazy[/

I don't think members who post "no negative comments please" are referring to reviews or anything having to do with cruising. The point is there's a way to disagree without being disrespectful or downright hateful to another member. Just because someone is at the other end of a keyboard shouldn't mean basic common courtesy goes out the window.

I was on Oasis in early July. Some of the waiters were relentless about dining packages on Embarkation Day, and feigned ignorance about the D+ BOGO specialty deal. We had grabbed a table outside the Pub, with all of our stuff, as we waited for the rooms to open. One waiter approached me repeatedly, at least 4 times, trying to sell me on a dining package. I was finally able to nicely discourage him from asking me again. Four different people approached us as we were sitting at the pub, walking through the Royal Promenade, outside the Windjammer, and son on. I managed to keep my cool until the 5th person walked into the Champagne Bar (I think that's the name) as I was getting a beverage, and I finally gave an emphatic "NO!" I wasn't rude, but enough is enough. I didn't get any more requests after that ...:rolleyes:

I was on Oasis in early July. Some of the waiters were relentless about dining packages on Embarkation Day, and feigned ignorance about the D+ BOGO specialty deal. We had grabbed a table outside the Pub, with all of our stuff, as we waited for the rooms to open. One waiter approached me repeatedly, at least 4 times, trying to sell me on a dining package. I was finally able to nicely discourage him from asking me again. Four different people approached us as we were sitting at the pub, walking through the Royal Promenade, outside the Windjammer, and son on. I managed to keep my cool until the 5th person walked into the Champagne Bar (I think that's the name) as I was getting a beverage, and I finally gave an emphatic "NO!" I wasn't rude, but enough is enough. I didn't get any more requests after that ...:rolleyes:

Yeah after being asked 5 times I don’t blame you!

• 3 weeks later...

Today is the last day of our trip and I can honestly say it’s the best vacation we’ve ever had! The ship is beautiful and for a first timer it’s really amazing! We have had the best service we’ve had anywhere and really have been treated like royalty. As for feeling Nickel and dimed that has been the case at times. I did end up getting my nails done and was told that I really needed an eye cream, serum and mask all for close to 200.00. I said no thank you and she continued to tell me what I was using wasn’t good. 1 day later all of my nails are chipped so I’ll never do that again. We checked 3 bags of luggage and all 3 were lost the first day. We ended up getting them close to 11pm.

As for the cleanliness of the ship it has seemed to be very clean with some areas of wear as to be expected. We had an issue with roaches climbing up the wall in our room, but they came and took care of that. We did have an issue with a massage we booked late one night that was supposed to be a couples massage for the next morning but the masseuse was sick so they told us they could only do separate rooms and when we asked to cancel she refused saying she’d charge us half. That was ridiculous as it wasn’t our fault the girl got sick. Guest services took care of everything and got the 140.00 fee taken off.

Today is the last day of our trip and I can honestly say it’s the best vacation we’ve ever had! The ship is beautiful and for a first timer it’s really amazing! We have had the best service we’ve had anywhere and really have been treated like royalty. As for feeling Nickel and dimed that has been the case at times. I did end up getting my nails done and was told that I really needed an eye cream, serum and mask all for close to 200.00. I said no thank you and she continued to tell me what I was using wasn’t good. 1 day later all of my nails are chipped so I’ll never do that again. We checked 3 bags of luggage and all 3 were lost the first day. We ended up getting them close to 11pm.

As for the cleanliness of the ship it has seemed to be very clean with some areas of wear as to be expected. We had an issue with roaches climbing up the wall in our room, but they came and took care of that. We did have an issue with a massage we booked late one night that was supposed to be a couples massage for the next morning but the masseuse was sick so they told us they could only do separate rooms and when we asked to cancel she refused saying she’d charge us half. That was ridiculous as it wasn’t our fault the girl got sick. Guest services took care of everything and got the 140.00 fee taken off.

OMG, I won a $100 spa discount voucher and didn't use it. So I gifted it to our dinner companion, but I'm sure he didn't use it either!

Thanks for coming back and commenting. Happy to hear you had a great time, despite some hiccups.

Yes, it was truly amazing! I could also tell that the staff were really working as a team. Everyone working seemed happy and those that I asked said they loved their jobs.

Roaches climbing up the walls of your stateroom?