July 26, 2019 AOS almost sold out - trying to find out why - could it be a charter?

Hi Everyone

We are booked on the July 26, 2019 Adventure out of NJ - we are kind of committed to our date as we have a couple families travelling with us. When we booked (well over a year out) we had a lot of trouble finding the cabins we wanted and main dining was already full and not accepting wait lists - even the RCCL agents kept commenting that they didn't understand what was going on - or that they hadn't seen anything like this....

The more I read - I see that there is a possibility of it being "chartered" which I guess can mean that some of the amenities are closed to other guests. In all of my cruises I have never experienced this and wondered if anyone had an experience on a chartered cruise .... or an explanation for what possibly could be driving the inventory levels.

Its summer so we kind of expected the ship to be at capacity (and were prepared for that) I just don't know the impact a chartered full ship has compared to a regular full ship??

Any help is appreciated

Laura

If the ship was a full charter, it would show as totally sold out, so that's not the case here.

If there is a large group on board, then you may occasionally find some public venues taken over by the charter group.

You may have some luck finding a charter group by doing an internet search using the full name of the ship and the sailing date in different forums.

Me Too - didn't find anything either

I am in the "I didn't know I needed to be worried about this but now I am" phase lol

Honestly, like I said I expected the ship to be at capacity - and if its a large group I don't mind them closing certain lounges etc... or having private parties - I just don't know if there will be an impact on the more common areas - ie reserved section at the pool or shows - closed FloRider or Rock wall etc...

Me Too - didn't find anything either

I am in the "I didn't know I needed to be worried about this but now I am" phase lol

Honestly, like I said I expected the ship to be at capacity - and if its a large group I don't mind them closing certain lounges etc... or having private parties - I just don't know if there will be an impact on the more common areas - ie reserved section at the pool or shows - closed FloRider or Rock wall etc...

I would not worry about it at this point, there does not seem to be any indication of a large group on board.

Hi Everyone

We are booked on the July 26, 2019 Adventure out of NJ - we are kind of committed to our date as we have a couple families travelling with us. When we booked (well over a year out) we had a lot of trouble finding the cabins we wanted and main dining was already full and not accepting wait lists - even the RCCL agents kept commenting that they didn't understand what was going on - or that they hadn't seen anything like this....

The more I read - I see that there is a possibility of it being "chartered" which I guess can mean that some of the amenities are closed to other guests. In all of my cruises I have never experienced this and wondered if anyone had an experience on a chartered cruise .... or an explanation for what possibly could be driving the inventory levels.

Its summer so we kind of expected the ship to be at capacity (and were prepared for that) I just don't know the impact a chartered full ship has compared to a regular full ship??

Any help is appreciated

Laura

Where do you get the idea is almost sold out? It is not nearly sold out.

Hi Everyone

It was just based on what the sales reps were telling me, the lack of available balcony cabins, connecting cabins and booked and (not wait list available) early/main dinning- I will scratch this off my worry list :)

thanks for the input

Laura