MoveUp

charlielinda

We also got the email for our 8/25 ABC Island sailing. In March we sailed in a Sky Suite and got all 4 perks included, this sailing in Aqua we only received 2 perks. I understand that if you win a Move Up bid you do not get any additional perks, kind of a deal breaker for us. Plus, the minimum bid for a SS or CS "seem" to be more than the price to have booked them outright in the first place. The extra room in the SS is nice but Luminae isnt that much better then Blu in my opinion so we didnt bid.

Is this right? The Move Up comes with no perks if you bid on a suite?? That is a deal breaker! :rolleyes:

Is this right? The Move Up comes with no perks if you bid on a suite?? That is a deal breaker! :rolleyes:

You need to make sure you fully understand the term of perks in this context.

A suite (depending on the level) comes with a long list of benefits that you receive on a move up.

Many times a suite comes with the Best bundle (the “perks”). These are not included with the Move Up bid offer. If you current booking includes the Best bundle you will receive them with the move up offer. Whichever bundle (Big, Better, Best) that is with your current booking will remain. But you cannot take advance of any normal additional promotions included with a full price booking.

This is my recollection of what was describe in my Move Up bid offer.

Not really a deal breaker for me.

Let me know if you need further clarification as I know the BBB bundles are confusing.

You need to make sure you fully understand the term of perks in this context.

A suite (depending on the level) comes with a long list of benefits that you receive on a move up.

Many times a suite comes with the Best bundle (the “perks”). These are not included with the Move Up bid offer. If you current booking includes the Best bundle you will receive them with the move up offer. Whichever bundle (Big, Better, Best) that is with your current booking will remain. But you cannot take advance of any normal additional promotions included with a full price booking.

This is my recollection of what was describe in my Move Up bid offer.

Not really a deal breaker for me.

Let me know if you need further clarification as I know the BBB bundles are confusing.

That helps so much. I appreciate you taking the time to explain it. I called Celebrity this morning and the representative actually said “I really don’t know too much about the move up program”. [emoji15]

So, as of now I have a concierge cabin with Go Best. It came with two perks and I purchased the other two. So if I bid on a suite and X actually accepts it then I will keep my 4 perks and everything would stay the same as far as amenities that come with being in the suite class, correct?

This is assuming I even receive a the Move Up email.

With this new promotion for this weekend, I am debating just paying for the upgrade. It will be about $2500. I did not get a good deal on the CC this time. [emoji51] I have stayed in SS a few times, and of course loved it. There are 12 SS left, 1 of each higher up suites.

I wonder how in the world they decide who gets the MU offer?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That helps so much. I appreciate you taking the time to explain it. I called Celebrity this morning and the representative actually said “I really don’t know too much about the move up program”. [emoji15]

So, as of now I have a concierge cabin with Go Best. It came with two perks and I purchased the other two. So if I bid on a suite and X actually accepts it then I will keep my 4 perks and everything would stay the same as far as amenities that come with being in the suite class, correct?

This is assuming I even receive a the Move Up email.

With this new promotion for this weekend, I am debating just paying for the upgrade. It will be about $2500. I did not get a good deal on the CC this time. [emoji51] I have stayed in SS a few times, and of course loved it. There are 12 SS left, 1 of each higher up suites.

I wonder how in the world they decide who gets the MU offer?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, you get to keep all the perks that you have when using the Move Up bid process.

It is my understanding that you do not necessarily have to receive an e mail to bid. You can go on line and see if you cruise is offering this program. If you use the search function, you should be able to find the linking another thread. It will be around 30 days before the cruise.

Good luck

I'm of the opinion that Celebrity is using this 'move up' bidding to check the market as to what folks are willing to pay for certain categories. Then, based on those results, we are sure to see a price increase next year if enough folks fall for this ploy!

(Marketing is such a sneaky thing. We just have to be aware of their games!)

D.