Room service

I will be going on Independence of the Sea in January and I have heard that they are now charging for room service. I saw on a post when I googled room service on RCCL and it said that continental is still complimentary. I like to have coffee/tea and a danish while getting ready in the morning on the balcony. Can someone confirm if that is complimentary or not. Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

Just to be clear. Is an "order" everything we order via Room Service at that particular time? Say, I order the free Continental Breakfast and my hubby orders hot breakfast & just anything else we might like. ALL of that food is considered ONE Order, right? And so just the $7.95 + 18%

🌸 Bobbi

Hi,

Just to be clear. Is an "order" everything we order via Room Service at that particular time? Say, I order the free Continental Breakfast and my hubby orders hot breakfast & just anything else we might like. ALL of that food is considered ONE Order, right? And so just the $7.95 + 18%

[emoji254] Bobbi

Whatever you order at one time and sent to one room is one charge.

Morning continental breakfast is still complimentary.

Hot breakfast and other items throughout the day cost $7.95 + 18% gratuity per delivered order.

Hi,

🌸 Bobbi

Yes.

P.S.

MerionMom,

What do you do with your used room service tray & all that stuff?! :rolleyes: I'm sticking with you on this.

Please, no debates necessary to others reading this post. :)

Thank you!

When I get room service delivered on a tray, I call room service when I have finished. If they tell me to put it outside my cabin, I do.

When I just bring something back from the WJ, I leave the dishes on my coffee table and my cabin steward takes them away.

:)

In reality, it has been at least two years since I ordered room service. :D

I will be going on Independence of the Sea in January and I have heard that they are now charging for room service.

I saw on a post when I googled room service on RCCL and it said that continental is still complimentary.

I like to have coffee/tea and a danish while getting ready in the morning on the balcony.

Can someone confirm if that is complimentary or not.

Thank you

Hi JoJo :)

I'm going to drop the 2 room service menus below for you.

At the top of the breakfast menu it states that continental breakfast is complementary.

Have a wonderful voyage!

room-service-menu-2_zpszoqelruy.png

room-service-menu-1_zpsrycmix1y.png

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

That’s very sad. We always used room service to get coffee mid day. Would hate to get charged that for room service.

So bring a couple of covered insulated mugs. Many places to grab some coffee.

FYI, if you book a Grand Suite or higher, room service is free.

And they have an enhanced breakfast menu, and during lunch and dinner, you can order anything that is served in the MDR. MDR menus will be left in the cabin each day.

That’s very sad. We always used room service to get coffee mid day. Would hate to get charged that for room service.

order a carafe of coffee for as late as you can get it, it looks like the breakfast menu is available until 11 am. Ask them to leave it in your room, it may still be warm in the afternoon.