A different Cheers question

BLUEROSEKY

Hi all, I have a question, and I have searched, and have been watching the responses to other cheers threads for this. I am going on a cruise with some family members in September, and will be sharing a cabin with my future daughter in law. She wants to purchase the cheers package, however I am diabetic, don't drink alcohol, sodas or specialty coffees, etc. My question is, is it possible to get an exception if I provided medical documentation so that we did not have to purchase two Cheers packages?

I am not sure if anyone else has tried this, or if it would even be possible.

Thank you for your time, and I am sorry if this has been answered before.

Karen

There are a lot of threads on this and there seem to be no exceptions now. Previously, with a doctors note, some people got on exemptions but now with all the addons there are none.

You can try to book her in another room with someone in the family who wants to buy Cheers and then get key cards for the rooms when you get on board so you stay with who you want.

Thank you all, I was hopeful, but didn't think it would be a possibility. We can't switch her to a different room, because we are in a suite, and the others are in ocean view. I tried that, and they won't allow the switch, one because of time frame, we sail in 45 days, and two because it is considered a downgrade.

I do appreciate the responses :)

Thank you all, I was hopeful, but didn't think it would be a possibility. We can't switch her to a different room, because we are in a suite, and the others are in ocean view. I tried that, and they won't allow the switch, one because of time frame, we sail in 45 days, and two because it is considered a downgrade.

I agree it's doubtful it will work,but let them tell you that on the ship. Produce the note and see what happens,worse case they say no.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Forums mobile app

Nope.

You can, on paper, move her to a cabin with someone else who is purchasing the package (if possible) but that's about it. You'd go to guest services when on board and get an extra room key to give to her.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Did you talk to a call service representative to to an actual PVP?

There are very few rates, guaranteed cabin categories and pack-n-go come to mind, that completely disallow name changes or rearrangements of passengers already named in a booking to a different cabin on the same (or linked) booking.

Good PVP, even if you booked under early saver, should be able to do the switch around possibly even waiving the $50 per passenger changed administrative fee for making a alteration to the booking. once on board keys to the other linked cabin can be had so you can return to the original sleeping arrangements.

Now if all the other adults is the other cabin do not want Cheers as well, your future DIL will have to bite the bullet and pay for her drinks at menu price, switching is a mote point. She may even be surprised to find out in many cases because of the 15 alcoholic drink per limit that she is better off this way especially if you have more port days than seadays.

Cheers generally only favors those that drink the higher end offerings like premium martinis. The passenger that is more or a beer or wine drinker does better with the multi-bottle packages available on board for a discounted bar purchase, Well and shot drinkers generally find their best savings from in the in cabin bottled liquor deliveries. Though much higher than what a local liquor store would charge for the same 1 liter bottle it still represents a great savings over the per pour price at the bar and lounges.