Viking, can you please change the opening time to sign up for excursions?

lackcreativity

This arrangement, however would be a MAJOR inconvenience to those who are working in the 9 to 5 world. A one size fits all is just not a realistic possibility. Frankly we have taken three VO cruises and two river cruises which now have optional excursions and have never logged on to make my selections in the wee hours. I have always made a note of the date and will generally log on sometime that day when it is convenient for me ... often later in the evening! Never had a problem with getting the excursions I wanted at the times I wanted.

Frankly I think that the "wee hours rituals" are more about feeding the excitement of the planning of the trip than any serious issue of availability. After all, booking a Viking Cruise doesn't leave a lot for planning freaks (I know, I travel with one!) to really sink their teeth into. Booking excursions takes on a greater level of importance.

I think in all honesty that it would be nice if this tedious thread could be brought to a halt.

If people don't like the hours that the options for booking things opens up, then why don't those people either book with a different cruise line or simply move house? Alternatively, why don't the people involved ask their 'leader' to get the entire world to revolve around them, or to change the worldwide time zones? Maybe they could go one step further and make time go metric (not)!

Just think of the sheer joy of having constant blitzes about it on the tv, the not-stop email stuff about it, not to mention tonnes of printed trash through your letter box about it!!!

It doesn't stop there (could be worse than an election!) - where would it all be centred on? I'd vote for Greenwich (UK). So, there we have it, world wide elections, with all the attendant mountains of media coverage; 10 months per year, 10 weeks per month and 10 days per week, and 10 hours per day!

IF you couldn't face that, then why not accept the situation as it is, be grateful that there is something out there to plan for, look forward to it and embrace any inconvenience. Try turning a negative (if that is how you view it) into a positive, look on the bright side and stop complaining about something so trivial.

Does anyone know if it is possible to see the wish lists for both people traveling in one place and that only one of us is in charge of booking? We do not want to do the same excursions on all days but I can only seem to see my own wishlist.

Not possible...unless the other person gives you their MVJ login info so you could log in as them and see it. Not safe.

Safer & easier solution is talk to each other by phone or exchange wishes via email. That's how we did it.

I think in all honesty that it would be nice if this tedious thread could be brought to a halt.

If people don't like the hours that the options for booking things opens up, then why don't those people either book with a different cruise line or simply move house? Alternatively, why don't the people involved ask their 'leader' to get the entire world to revolve around them, or to change the worldwide time zones? Maybe they could go one step further and make time go metric (not)!

Just think of the sheer joy of having constant blitzes about it on the tv, the not-stop email stuff about it, not to mention tonnes of printed trash through your letter box about it!!!

It doesn't stop there (could be worse than an election!) - where would it all be centred on? I'd vote for Greenwich (UK). So, there we have it, world wide elections, with all the attendant mountains of media coverage; 10 months per year, 10 weeks per month and 10 days per week, and 10 hours per day!

IF you couldn't face that, then why not accept the situation as it is, be grateful that there is something out there to plan for, look forward to it and embrace any inconvenience. Try turning a negative (if that is how you view it) into a positive, look on the bright side and stop complaining about something so trivial.

All this from a person who removes the auto-tipping and tips discretely when deserved!!!

Everyone is entitled to express their opinion, even it has been said already multiple times. When a thread gets old and repetitive, I just stop reading it and leave it to those who wish to continue the topic.

I’d love to know the genesis of this policy. It’s unique to Viking. Surely they can release the ‘pay for’ excursions to those who wish to do so, once you’ve booked the cruise. It’s the one frustration I have with Viking. And being Alaska the tours are very expensive so planning is needed and the private tours for May next year are already well on the way to being sold out.

And yet here you are complaining about us when you have the control not to click on the thread.

Since this question of mine has been revived, and apparently I am a glutton for punishment, I have another suggestion. How about 9:00 pm on the west coast, midnight on the east coast, and then 6:00 am in the UK? I imagine that would provide a reasonable time frame for a good 80% of Viking cruisers. It wouldn't help people who work night shift, but even the Austalians would have a 2:00 pm the next day time frame. Personally, I would be delighted to accept any of those time slots!

Since this question of mine has been revived, and apparently I am a glutton for punishment, I have another suggestion. How about 9:00 pm on the west coast, midnight on the east coast, and then 6:00 am in the UK? I imagine that would provide a reasonable time frame for a good 80% of Viking cruisers. It wouldn't help people who work night shift, but even the Austalians would have a 2:00 pm the next day time frame. Personally, I would be delighted to accept any of those time slots!

Yawn. Why should it be changed?