Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

10 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Well we have had the hottest day ever recorded in Wales today and it’s been utterly miserable. My contempt for sunshine has reached new levels. I’ve been praying for sleet and hail followed by a freezing fog but my prayers are yet to be answered. I’ve barely slept for a week. It’s like living In Satans armpit. Visits to the wine cellar (11c) to “check on the stock”  have been occurring at 15 minute intervals. My boys are enjoying their new cooling mat but the pup is a real sun worshipper and follows the sun around the room. The cats are in ecstasy whilst I feel like I’m walking through treacle. First spots of rain and I’ll be dancing round the lawn in my vest and underpants. Antartica has firmly cemented itself at the top of my list. 

Welcome to my world.....Have you ever came to Rio in summer????

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Lirio said:

Welcome to my world.....Have you ever came to Rio in summer????

We will be there for a couple of days late next February. I'm imagining it is similar to Perth at the time with temps 40C and above sometimes for a week.

@lincsladyI hope you are okay and managing to stay cool somehow?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frantic36 said:

We will be there for a couple of days late next February. I'm imagining it is similar to Perth at the time with temps 40C and above sometimes for a week.

@lincsladyI hope you are okay and managing to stay cool somehow?

Indeed. temps average 35C, somedays over 40c. high humid. Thunderstorms in the afternoon, millions of people trying to find a spot in the beach....and myself at home with AC on 24x7.......

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lirio said:

Indeed. temps average 35C, somedays over 40c. high humid. Thunderstorms in the afternoon, millions of people trying to find a spot in the beach....and myself at home with AC on 24x7.......

In case you need any help with what to see and do, I am more than pleased to help (respecting the rules of not advertising).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

And here is some advertising for Tasmania the southernmost State in Australia. This year they have been having a great run of the Southern aurora being visible. Fortunately I worked in Tasmania nearly full time for the first 2 years of the pandemic and so have seen the Southern as well as the Northern lights.

Here are some pictures- unfortunately not mine.

ss33.thumb.jpg.9115993444fcc6de84bed33d9bb22432.jpg

ss34.thumb.jpg.b9f6a73fc0a4c3c0e9bc4db22b27917b.jpg

If you are visiting our Weather bureau does give predictions of when an Aurora may be seen.

https://www.sws.bom.gov.au/Aurora

• Like 15

30 minutes ago, drron29 said:

And here is some advertising for Tasmania the southernmost State in Australia. This year they have been having a great run of the Southern aurora being visible. Fortunately I worked in Tasmania nearly full time for the first 2 years of the pandemic and so have seen the Southern as well as the Northern lights.

Here are some pictures- unfortunately not mine.

ss33.thumb.jpg.9115993444fcc6de84bed33d9bb22432.jpg

ss34.thumb.jpg.b9f6a73fc0a4c3c0e9bc4db22b27917b.jpg

If you are visiting our Weather bureau does give predictions of when an Aurora may be seen.

https://www.sws.bom.gov.au/Aurora

Awesome drron!  Thank you!

21 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Just an update re our Quarantine on our cruise. They came and tested us at 8am this morning and we were still positive. So we are still in our cabin. They will come and test us again tomorrow morning at 8am. 

Hi, so sorry and hoping you get better results tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frantic36 said:

Just an update re our Quarantine on our cruise. They came and tested us at 8am this morning and we were still positive. So we are still in our cabin. They will come and test us again tomorrow morning at 8am. 

So sorry. I hope you get better for tomorrow.

Thanks @Lois Rand @Lirio

We are resigning ourselves to maybe being here until Day 10 where we then get a pass as a persistent positive and get a certificate of recovery.

We have found a similar cruise we can do next year which would allow us to see the places we miss. 

Lirio, I might take you up on your offer for your ideas for Rio next February.

Julie

2 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Good vibes heading to you both for tomorrow!  It's a very good thing that you enjoy one another's company!  🥰 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, frantic36 said:

One day you'll be fine Julie until then just pick up the phone and get people to run around after you peeling grapes and pooring endless glasses of Champagne.

Have you untied Keith yet from the bands.😁

Edited by Mr Luxury
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

TrulyBlonde,

Have you found any great food restaurants in your neck of the woods that compare to any of the fine dining restaurants you left in Aspen? If so, please share.  I’d love to take Silver Queen out for a great dinner before we head into the backwoods of Glacier Nat’l Park.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

TrulyBlonde,

Have you found any great food restaurants in your neck of the woods that compare to any of the fine dining restaurants you left in Aspen? If so, please share.  I’d love to take Silver Queen out for a great dinner before we head into the backwoods of Glacier Nat’l Park.

The Blonde chef makes the best meals overlooking the lake and the Island Green 😉 We have been remodeling so not much time to go out for dinner. Very casual here and not like Aspen. Here are a few suggestions that we have been told about and have experienced a few.  Anthony's (mainly seafood done Pacific NW style), Cedars on the lake (casual, boats can dock up, and really good Prime Rib) Beverly's at the CDA resort (have not tried it but many recommend), Shooters is on the lake and very casual and fun. We arrived by boat this weekend.

No Michelin dining here, just a gorgeous lake and beautiful nature. You must try Huckleberry ice cream! Huckleberries are only found here and in Montana. Now I know why Huckleberry Hound was blue LOL! 

• Like 3

Apple does it again

Apple Computer announced today
that it has developed
a computer chip that can store
and play high fidelity music
in women's breast implants.

The
iTit will cost between
$499.00 and $699.00
depending on speaker size.

This is considered to be a major breakthrough
because women have always complained
about men staring at their tits
and not listening to them.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Here are a few suggestions that we have been told about and have experienced a few.

Thank you for the recos! Much appreciated.

We love huckleberries and will be foraging for them soon in the forest, along with another favorite of ours; thimbleberries.

• Like 1