Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

48 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Lois,

If you used one of the major credit card companies (Chase, Citi, AMEX) for your payment, you can login to your account and see all pending transactions, both creditsand debits, before they “officially” post to your account.  This way you’ll know if what your AMA rep told you is true.  There is no need to wait a few more days.

Hi, I have been checking.....I have a Capital One.....It took the first 3 refunds a few days to  come through.

I am not going to say she is telling me a lie...…no reason for her to do that.....she agreed with me on the total.

I have a few options, call her again, call VISA again, wait another day or 2, do nothing LOL.....I will give it another

day or 2. 

Prolly meals would have mimosas for breakfast

Then the quarantini challenge led by the bar staff

Pub lunch with pimms

After lunch Silversea cocktail sampling

Tea with long Island ice tea

Pool snack of fresh fruit and Bermuda rum sizzles or darknstormy

Cocktail hour with canapes

Dinner with wine

After dinner drinks

Sleep

Repeat

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Spins! I'm adopting this schedule for next weekend's activities. Will finally get a break then. Just need to squeeze Gin&Tonic in there, but the schedule looks packed!

Cheers all and Happy Monday. 🍷🍸🍹🍺

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

Prolly meals would have mimosas for breakfast

Then the quarantini challenge led by the bar staff

Pub lunch with pimms

After lunch Silversea cocktail sampling

Tea with long Island ice tea

Pool snack of fresh fruit and Bermuda rum sizzles or darknstormy

Cocktail hour with canapes

Dinner with wine

After dinner drinks

Sleep

Repeat

This seems like a reasonable schedule to me!  And the change of venues adds interest!  Nicely done CD Spins!  😀

A simple dinner last night. Salmon on the grill with a few spices. Leftover rice.

20200329_180048.thumb.jpg.4e6a2ea0a66b0ec97d33263dab3a923a.jpg

And a nice spinach salad, with bacon of course.

20200329_180031.thumb.jpg.76a8476bd4327cdab30a92197b6e84e0.jpg

I hope you've all had a chance to see the planets close together for the past week or so. Before sunrise, Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars are all close together in the pre-dawn sky. It makes my trek down the driveway for the newspaper that much more pleasant! 

• Like 2

Hi friends, not sure if any of you watched, but last night FOX had a special on with Elton John hosting....different musicians played songs from their individual homes. t was pretty neat.....it was a fundraiser and now, Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood are going to do something from their home/studio

on Wednesday night on CBS so if anyone is interested, tune in.  I am sure they will raise a lot of $

too. Good cause, first responders, etc.

15 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

This is simply awesome:

The French National Orchestra, each from their home. 

We all need to find the joy TTS and you just made my search easier!  Thank You!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Before sunrise?  I’m lucky if I wake up before Mysty’s 9:00a daily chocolate event.

Stumble..in these difficult times I think we can cut you some slack!  We'll hold off until 9:30 am.  😁

• Thanks 1

Hi again, Stumble,I just spoke with AMA again.  The server they use for cc payments crashed and ALL the payments

they thought were processed have to be re-keyed. They acknowledged mine was in that batch and will be entering

everything again.   I know what this can be like because I worked in accounting for 29 years with my previous

employer and sometimes the credit card server can have issues (actually did have them from time to time).

My rep at AMA apologized profusely and said there are 2/3 days worth of credit card transactions that need to

be re-done.   At least now I know what happened to my last part. It should be coming within a week or so.

I should have said payments/credits...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

Before sunrise?  I’m lucky if I wake up before Mysty’s 9:00a daily chocolate event.

Oh, slothfulfoot... sunrise is 2 hours later for you. You can do it!

Or do you prefer slumberfoot? 😴😴

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh, slothfulfoot... sunrise is 2 hours later for you. You can do it!

Or do you prefer slumberfoot? [emoji42][emoji42]

Yes, slumberfoot is preferred. There’s a reason why we prefer a suite on deck 8 on Muse class ships. We can roll out of bed right before 10:00a and still have a nice light breakfast. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

repeating Slumberfoot to myself, and laughing out loud, my faithful dogs looking at me with questioning eyes.  Thanks you all.  Before this outbreak of happiness, I did truly enjoy Bolero from French National Orchestra, so thanks to you TTS.  Will try to see the planet formation through the pollen cloud that has descended on the Richmond area tomorrow JP

• Like 3

1 hour ago, QueSeraSera said:

Will try to see the planet formation through the pollen cloud that has descended on the Richmond area tomorrow

I feel your pain with that particular season.  Ours usually arrives around the 2nd week of June.  It’s awful and we do everything we can to not be here when it happens.  

Pretty incredible to think we’re roughly 8-weeks behind you, but alas, that is what living at altitude does to seasons.

• Like 1

So now my next door neighbors are in their garage with the door open at 7 am with their tunes cranked way up! And they are singing. Well kind of singing more like screaming.

Joined by their kids. 

OMG. It's so loud. 

It echoes thru the neighborhood.

They are not the Von trapp family.

I can't really complain it wouldn't be neighborly.

But I can write about it here like the curmudgeon I am becoming

🎃

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

So now my next door neighbors are in their garage with the door open at 7 am with their tunes cranked way up! And they are singing. Well kind of singing more like screaming.

Joined by their kids. 

OMG. It's so loud. 

It echoes thru the neighborhood.

They are not the Von trapp family.

I can't really complain it wouldn't be neighborly.

But I can write about it here like the curmudgeon I am becoming

🎃

Hi....uh....you certainly can complain......sounds like disturbing the peace to me!  If they do it all day? Call the PD and

have them come out!  It sounds AWFUL.

Spins - that sounds really annoying! Hope they simmer down soon.

We have seemingly been on an Eastern European theme for dinner the past two nights. 

Simple Ukrainian kobasa with onion sauce last night. And potatoes. The kind of food that you need to run 10 miles after eating. Otherwise it sticks to your belly. Permanently! But so good.

20200330_183215.thumb.jpg.a5c0b43a10cd701ae3fa4f4f72d212cb.jpg

Tonight I made chicken paprikash, using some hot Hungarian paprika that we brought back from Budapest in 2016. Great stuff! Plenty of heat, enough to make my nose and eyes water a little. Hopefully that isn't a sign of the coronavirus. 

20200331_185528.thumb.jpg.7e9a98ece50ae95b0ca69acb2e4e7316.jpg

Must be my long-lost Eastern European genes expressing themselves. 

We enjoyed tonight's dinner with an Armenian white wine. Delicious, and had enough oomph to stand up to that heavy dish.

20200331_190905.thumb.jpg.3873c99b0ab54e2a3037211ed0636cfb.jpg

Now, on to a NZ Sauv Blanc for a nightcap. Have a great night all!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 3