Getaway: Balcony vs Mini Suite

Is it worth upgrading to the Mini suite on Getaway?

what are the main differences between Balcony and Mini Suites?

Thanks in Advance

I was on the Getaway on a family cruise.. we had Mini, my kid had balcony. The Mini suite bathroom was a lot nicer and bigger. Room about the same. If you can get it as an affordable upgrade I would do it.

But on the getaway my friend had a balcony it was so small it wasnt a normal size balcony so becareful what size of a balcony you get research it

That is a "normal" balcony for the Getaway.

The difference between a balcony and a mini is the bathroom. The room size is about the same. The extra sq footage is in the bathroom. You get a double sink (that only one person can stand in front of). You get a full size shower. We normally book a mini for the bigger bathroom.

We went from a balcony to a mini-suite through the Bid for Upgrade deal (Upgrade Advantage?) for our Getaway last month. In my opinion, I would not pay more than a couple hundred for it ever again. Just isn't worth much for a larger bathroom when a normal one is plenty big enough to shower and get ready. Would've preferred the extra space in the room instead.

On the Jewel class, yes, nice difference. However, on the Getaway, unless the upgrade is really cheap, not worth it I don't think. The two cabins are too similar. And...the actual balconies for both cabins are very small. The only Getaway mini suites worth it are the deck 8 minis. They have a huge actual balcony.

For our September cruise, we got a free upgrade. Other than that, I may not have done that. We did give up an angled balcony witch I agonized over whether to give up. However, we have 4 ports days in a row so would be on beaches all day. So we gave it up. We will see next month if I screwed up or not.

We upgraded from a balcony to a mini suite with large balcony- if considering upgrading I would try for one of those as that was absolutely worth it. We got the larger bathroom (all mini suites), had a HUGE balcony (2 loungers, 2 chairs, and a large table for eating on with space to spare), and were on the 8th floor so it was REALLY convenient to get to activities/meals. We LOVED it.

Is it worth upgrading to the Mini suite on Getaway?

what are the main differences between Balcony and Mini Suites?

Thanks in Advance

Only real difference is the size of the bathroom and the shower. They should probably call them superior balcony cabins instead of mini-suites.

bathroom is bigger, that's it.

if you are upgrading on your own and can pick your room, miight be worth it for the right price.

if you are bidding for it, i personally wouldnt run the risk fo ending up in a less than desirable location just to get a bigger bathroom.