Breakaway cabin question

Sastone25

TA assigned us Breakaway cabin 12808. Before we give payment, does anyone know pros or cons for that room?

I don’t know specifics about this cabin but looking at the deck plans it appears that this cabin is connected by a door with cabin 12810 and I make it a point to never stay in a connecting cabin unless the people on the other side of that door are family members because sound carries really well through a door and a person can tell their own kids to shut up but you can’t say that to other people!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is a mid-ship balcony cabin. As Jana60 mentioned it is a connecting cabin and we prefer to avoid them also but for us it isn't a deal breaker. If you are sailing with children who will be spending time in Splash Academy club this is a terrific location. If you are just two adults I would avoid deck 12, especially mid-ship due to its proximity to the kids club.

It is a mid-ship balcony cabin. As Jana60 mentioned it is a connecting cabin and we prefer to avoid them also but for us it isn't a deal breaker. If you are sailing with children who will be spending time in Splash Academy club this is a terrific location. If you are just two adults I would avoid deck 12, especially mid-ship due to its proximity to the kids club.

Thanks for the feedback. With respect to being near the kids club, I don’t think that should be much of an issue, as it’s a Baltic cruise, so don’t expect many children on the cruise. Do you know if there are any balcony obstructions for this room?

Thanks for the feedback. With respect to being near the kids club, I don’t think that should be much of an issue, as it’s a Baltic cruise, so don’t expect many children on the cruise. Do you know if there are any balcony obstructions for this room?

Read through the threads, plenty of kids on the Baltic Cruise, unless it's the Sept or Oct cruises. If kiddos will bother you change it now

Noisy kids in an adjacent cabin will be noisy with or without a connecting door. There are not many balconies with views straight to the water and they are mostly forward. So your cabin is pretty good, I would also take it.

• 1 month later...
TA assigned us Breakaway cabin 12808. Before we give payment, does anyone know pros or cons for that room?

There is an online site that gives pros and cons of every cabin on every ship .In order to use the site you need to give a valid e-mail address.

Not sure if I am allowed to post the name of the site but you can google it.

There is an online site that gives pros and cons of every cabin on every ship .In order to use the site you need to give a valid e-mail address.

Not sure if I am allowed to post the name of the site but you can google it.

So Lenny, if you were curious about this topic, but weren't sure what to ask for, what would you Google? :) Cruise mapper sounded promising.

• 9 months later...
On 9/30/2018 at 7:58 PM, whirledpeas said:

hello there! we just booked 12828, down the hall, more mid ship. How did your cabin work out? I had read that the splash academy is pretty quiet.

How did it go? I’ve been nervous about being near Splash Academy but my TA said not to worry... we have a connecting room and I personally wouldn’t hesitate to go tell some parents their kids are being too loud next door... but what about the hallways?