Boarding Time

Alaska Sail

I will be sailing on the MS Eurodam this coming Saturday. When we booked the cruise on the phone with the HAL rep, she had advised us that given we would be in Seattle from the previous day, we should get to the pier for 11- 11:30 so we could board the boat early, to settle in and have lunch. When I printed out some of my papers, I noticed it has a 1:30 pm boarding time for us. Is boarding times done by the type of room one has? We are staying in a Class V Verandah stateroom.

Thanks

The suggested time is just that - a suggestion. We get to the port right about 10:20, get checked in and hang out until we are called to board. We have always been on by 11:30 - 11:45 AM, drop off carry-ons and head to lunch.

Karen

There was another long thread about this recently. The consensus seems to be that at some point in the future HAL may begin to use the suggested times however currently whenever you arrive at the pier you will be processed through, given a number (if boarding hasn't yet begun) and once boarding begins, they will call groups by the assigned number. I would imagine that if you arrive at the pier by 11 or 11:30 you will be on board by 12 or 12:30 (and your stateroom will most likely be ready and your luggage may already be there). Enjoy Alaska!

Hmm, you'd almost think they didn't want to give us lunch! We also have 1:30 boarding, and so I scheduled our shuttle pickup for noon-12:30. Which interferes with lunch BEFORE the pickup... Changing the shuttle entails a LONG phone wait on hold, so I think I'll plan on "brunch" nearby the hotel.

I have read (on CC), that arriving at 1-1:30, there are no lines, and that's a benefit for people who can't stand for a prolonged time.