Haven bingo when already in the haven.

i was just thinking since commenting on the upgrade page, I know the ships sometimes do the win a haven suite during one of the bingo sessions. What if you are already in the haven suite. For example, if I you are already in an H2 on an away ship, does NCL pay you the cash equivalent if you win or do they give it to you on a different sailing. For example, I love the H6 and if I won an H5 I would consider that a downgrade not an upgrade.

Just kinda curious.

Never heard or saw the win a haven room in bingo...but that would be cool if they did run it. Guess it would depend on if there was a haven room available. But after reading what the "win a free cruise" package really is in another thread, a Haven room sounds like the much better prize.

I don't know about the Haven but that very same thing happened to me in a suite on the Dawn last November. My wife and I went to bingo the first sea day, and no one said the prize was a suite upgrade. Well, I won and when the assistant cruise director told me I had gotten a suit upgrade and how did I feel, I said... I'm already in a suite.

Basically, there was no remedy except to change my suite for another and leave friends in suites near us.The cruise director wouldn't give me a monetary equivalent nor any other perk. I wound up giving it to a couple staying next to us.

Moral of the story. If you're in a suite or Haven and the prize is a suite or Haven upgrade, don't play bingo that day.

iv eonly seen this once and it was for the Garden Villa.

I suspect now that all suites are sold out because of upgrade advantage. i would assume tehy'd give the GV to the lowest bidder rather than give it away free.

the only way a suite would be vacant would be if someone was a no show the day of boarding.