Looking for Room Tips - Balcony - Grand Princess

HALCruiserChris

We like the covered balconies on Emerald deck forward. These overlook the upper promenade deck between the first set of stairs and the second one, so I imagine not everybody likes these. We don't mind the people passing by, and it's nice to have a covered balcony if it's cold and windy.

Price wise, we book a BD category on the Caribe deck. The balcony is large, half covered, half uncovered. The premium balconies are nice but quite a bit more so the BD category seems to be our go to cabin type when we choose a balcony.

Be aware there are no midship stairs on the Grand so you either have to use the elevators, which sometimes get very crowded or even have lines or use the forward or aft stairs. So, you may want to pick your room accordingly ... depending on how much walking you want to do to and from your cabin.

Price wise, we book a BD category on the Caribe deck. The balcony is large, half covered, half uncovered. The premium balconies are nice but quite a bit more so the BD category seems to be our go to cabin type when we choose a balcony.

Be aware there are no midship stairs on the Grand so you either have to use the elevators, which sometimes get very crowded or even have lines or use the forward or aft stairs. So, you may want to pick your room accordingly ... depending on how much walking you want to do to and from your cabin.

I'm a big fan of the lido deck balconies as they are close to the gym, spa, sauna, spa pool, main pools, and on the same deck as the lido buffet. It depends where you spend your time onboard. If you enjoy being close to upper deck activities and Venus, you'll want to be higher up to avoid the elevators and stairs. If not, caribe deck are better. Also, the grand has no staircase adjacent to the central elevators above deck 7.

If you are a light sleeper try to get a balcony closer to the elevators on lido deck as sometimes you can hear treadmills one deck up if you are very far forward.

I'm a big fan of the lido deck balconies as they are close to the gym, spa, sauna, spa pool, main pools, and on the same deck as the lido buffet. It depends where you spend your time onboard. If you enjoy being close to upper deck activities and Venus, you'll want to be higher up to avoid the elevators and stairs. If not, caribe deck are better. Also, the grand has no staircase adjacent to the central elevators above deck 7.

If you are a light sleeper try to get a balcony closer to the elevators on lido deck as sometimes you can hear treadmills one deck up if you are very far forward.

I am wondering if I could please hijack this thread just a slight bit since you mentioned the lido deck. I’ve booked one of the premium ocean view rooms on the lido just forward of the trident grill. Do you think these might have any noise issues? Thanks and sorry for diverting from the question ever so slightly.

Thanks for the tip.!

I am wondering if I could please hijack this thread just a slight bit since you mentioned the lido deck. I’ve booked one of the premium ocean view rooms on the lido just forward of the trident grill. Do you think these might have any noise issues? Thanks and sorry for diverting from the question ever so slightly.

Hi jack away!:D:D