New England/Canada 2019 - 7N Serenade or 6N Adventure?

Once again, we are probably going to push the (Sep '19) cruise to Bermuda back one more time. I was leaning towards another Alaska Cruise next year, this time out of Seattle. However, my better half had been exchanging cruise experiences with co-workers a few weeks back and New England/Canada came up. From the last week of August to the 2nd week of October 2019 (our window of opportunity to cruise), I have drilled down to the 7N Serenade and the 6N Adventure. There is also the 9N Anthem, but I would not have that at the top of our list.

Simply regarding the class of ship, would you be heading to Boston for a 7N on the Serenade of the Seas or to Cape Liberty for a 6N on the Adventure of the Seas? Inquiring minds value your opinion. Or, is it inquisitive? :D

I'd go with the longer cruise and superior visibility of Serenade. I'd also prefer Boston to beautiful, gorgeous Bayonne, only because it's not common for Royal to cruise from there.

I'd go with the longer cruise and superior visibility of Serenade. I'd also prefer Boston to beautiful, gorgeous Bayonne, only because it's not common for Royal to cruise from there.

For those with more time the 11 day snowbird cruise from Quebec city is available. have booked and really looking forward to it.

Thanks, Bob! I was 99.99999 % sure you would say Serenade. And, I agree. I have enjoyed the Brilliance and the Radiance. I just like that class of ship. Before I pulled the CC out, I just wanted to see if there was something I may be missing regarding ships.

If you book from Boston, start looking for hotels early because the fall weekends are busy and hotels are expensive. Consider making a placeholder reservation very early. Then start watching Hotwire in late May. Any 3* and up hotel in the Seaport District will be fine - these are all newer hotels and convenient to the airport, the Cruiseport, and public transit on the Silver Line. You can even get to this area for free by public transit from Logan!

I'm doing Bermuda in Sep and was able to help roll call mates find hotel deals in the Seaport area for Serenade.