Using Specialty Restaurant Perks for Other Family Members

cruisin'sz

Can I use my specialty restaurant perks for other family members if I have enough to go around, or are they only intended for the recipients of those perks? I have 2 sets of restaurant perks for my next cruise and would like to use one set for my grandchildren.

Also, are there kids meals in those restaurants if the kids choose not to eat off of the regular menu?

Finally, does anyone know the cost of the kids meals, if my perks are not useable and I have to pay for them?

Thank you.

SDP meals are only for the person that they are assigned to (guests 1 & 2 if a promo) and cannot be shared. A server might look the other way but it is against the promo terms.

There is a complimentary kids' menu that is the same in all specialty restaurants.

If ordering from the kids' menu, there is no charge. If ordering from the restaurant menu, kids and adults pay the same amount.

I had this question too. My wife and I paid for the 3 meal specialty dining package. You would think that means we have 6 paid meals and we could split them up however we want right? We had the idea that we would use two for ourselves, then bring our two kids to the next one to use the remaining 4. But we were told that you can't do that, they can only be used for the names it was purchased for. It seems silly to me. What difference does it make who uses it when we prepaid for it?

What difference does it make who uses it when we prepaid for it?

The reason is because the more meals that are purchased, the price per meal goes down. One person buying 12 meals ($179) and dividing it is cheaper than 4 people buying 3 meals each ($69 x 4).

Edited by Two Wheels Only

The reason is because the more meals that are purchased, the price per meal goes down. One person buying 12 meals ($179) and dividing it is cheaper than 4 people buying 3 meals each ($69 x 4).

Exactly, if they could be shared I’m sure most would split them up to save money. Our family of 7 didn’t do specialty dining because we only do one or two, the ones we would’ve chosen are a la carts now without a package, and there was no way I was paying oop a la cart for 5 teenagers when there was free food available!

I had this question too. My wife and I paid for the 3 meal specialty dining package. You would think that means we have 6 paid meals and we could split them up however we want right? We had the idea that we would use two for ourselves, then bring our two kids to the next one to use the remaining 4. But we were told that you can't do that, they can only be used for the names it was purchased for. It seems silly to me. What difference does it make who uses it when we prepaid for it?

No I wouldn't. If I buy three and another person in my group buys three it means we have three each. Nowhere does it even hint that we can share or give our free meals to someone else.

No I wouldn't. If I buy three and another person in my group buys three it means we have three each. Nowhere does it even hint that we can share or give our free meals to someone else.

Maybe you would have a point if the meals were given to us or if they were “free” as you call them. I PAID for them. That’s the only thing that gave me the impression I could use them how I want. Thanks to Two Wheels Only (not you), I now understand the reason that I cannot.