Coastal Kitchen Dinner

My wife and I will soonhave access to the OS Coastal Kitchen. I'veread here that some times the Concierge send emails out the week before sailingand sometimes not. Would I be presumptuous and out of line if I emailed theConcierge - if I hear from him/her (or even if I don't) and ask that dinnerreservations be made? Or should we make our way up to the lounge after we geton board and do it in person. ?

Can you email them if you are in a junior suite?

As far as I know, JS pax can only make reservations for CK once you board. I would go right up there (will have to knock on door) and talk to hostess. It is not guaranteed you will get dinner, (or your preferred time) every night (depends on availability) but indeed need reservations.

There's a lot of chat here on these boards I have never heard of "points" "genie" "coastal kitchen"? If it was not for these boards how does one discover everything? Secret restaurants and bars just for certain customers? Very confusing ?

Many of these perks are explained in letters that are in the stateroom when guests arrive.

There's a lot of chat here on these boards I have never heard of "points" "genie" "coastal kitchen"? If it was not for these boards how does one discover everything? Secret restaurants and bars just for certain customers? Very confusing ?

Loyalty "points" are earned from repeat sailings on RCI. The more points you have the higher your status and the more perks you get. "Genie" and "coastal kitchen" are terms usually associated with perks included with a particular category of suite booked although passengers with a lot of points earned are allowed access to the coastal kitchen. The Coastal Kitchen is not secret but it isn't for everybody. You can search these terms on RCI's website or simply google them for more information.

You also will not get an email from the Conciege. I don’t suggest you email him because he does not make reservations for shows or dinner. Only Grand Suit’s and above. But enjoy the JS. It is a lot more roomy then the regular staterooms.

All dining venues are described on the RCCL website. Also on the app.

Your daily cruise compass will list all venues as well, along with any restrictions, hours, and notation of additional fee if any.