MSC Southampton Transfer?

XLVIII

• 1 month later...

Hi, I do have the same problem! ;)

Will do a cruise next on MSC, ending in Southampton. Unfortunately, looking for MSC shore excursion, it seems not possible to book a transfer from the port to Heathrow airport after the cruise... :(

Any previous experience with MSC - maybe the transport is only available to buy on-board? If not, any recommendation to get from the port to the airport (public transport)?

Thank You!!

Hi, I do have the same problem! ;)

Will do a cruise next on MSC, ending in Southampton. Unfortunately, looking for MSC shore excursion, it seems not possible to book a transfer from the port to Heathrow airport after the cruise... :(

Any previous experience with MSC - maybe the transport is only available to buy on-board? If not, any recommendation to get from the port to the airport (public transport)?

Thank You!!

Coach or train both go to the airports. Do not believe MSC lay on transport like Cunard or P&O. We have the same problem but we live an hour from Southampton' so we are parking at the port and getting the train to Gatwick for our flight to Barbados to join the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

National Express (http://www.nationalexpress.co.uk) run regular, inexpensive (about GBP 17 pp) coaches (buses) between all Heathrow Airport terminals and Southampton Coach Station. The trip takes about 2 hours. You need to take a taxi (always available) between the ship and the coach station. It takes a few minutes and costs GBP 5-10. You have to book National Express in advance on their website.

National Express (www.nationalexpress.co.uk) run regular, inexpensive (about GBP 17 pp) coaches (buses) between all Heathrow Airport terminals and Southampton Coach Station. The trip takes about 2 hours. You need to take a taxi (always available) between the ship and the coach station. It takes a few minutes and costs GBP 5-10. You have to book National Express in advance on their website.

Excellent advice. We have used National Coach and would recommend it to everyone.

National Express (www.nationalexpress.co.uk) run regular, inexpensive (about GBP 17 pp) coaches (buses) between all Heathrow Airport terminals and Southampton Coach Station. The trip takes about 2 hours. You need to take a taxi (always available) between the ship and the coach station. It takes a few minutes and costs GBP 5-10. You have to book National Express in advance on their website.

I live close to Southampton and this is perfect advice.

Depending on how many of you there are, you might find a pre booked taxi from port to airport a far simpler option and not too expensive compared with multiple public transport tickets.

I live just outside Southampton and when going to the airports use English Rose Collection.

Train to Heathrow - just don't - doesn't work.

Train to Gatwick - direct but takes ages.