When would I get the best deal?

sidekick180

Reference my post above, related to on-board deposit of £50 pp. and in reply to daiB:

PO Booking Conditions: See page 149 clause 38 of the current brochure.

From the date of booking until 91 days before departure, cancellation charge: Deposit

From our own experiences of booking cruises on-board, at no time was an explicit statment made to negate the above clause that I suggest would be necessary to enforce a variation from £50pp.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i booked in May for next Aug and we paid select fare for an inside of approx £1200 each for 14 nights med on Azura it is now around £400-£500 per person more expensive. I have no idea whether we would have saved more if we'd booked earlier or whether prices will drop before we go. I was happy with the price (although obviously cheaper is always better and a balcony for that price would have been wonderful), we also got free parking but no obc apart from hubby's armed forces bonus.

I have found that for example where a cruise is released September by P&O their prices are good at time they go on sale and go on upward curve. Then prices seem to be at lowest around the January-March time before sharp increases on many cruises. This is only through my experience of having watched prices all the way up to time of sail away. This is based on Balcony Cabins also.

The risk here is that if the cruise is really popular then the best prices will always be when they go on sale because as soon as P&O know it is selling really well there will never be a need to drop prices until maybe a few weeks beforehand if any cabins are left.

Other experienced P&O cruisers will also know there are certain cruises each year that are great value and much cheaper than other similar ones. An example would be Caribbean 14 nights which arrives back in UK few days before Xmas. These are much cheaper due to the fact people do not want to be away from home right before Xmas. Hope some of these points help but as with anything in life, every cruise will be different and is all about supply and demand. I believe as capacity is increased on P&O with bigger ships then their prices will become even more competitive in a bid to attract new people to them and with more cabins to fill.