Coffee options on Anthem

I know basic coffee is included in our cruise fare. Does that include room service? Any way we can request an in room coffee maker? Aside from room service and dining rooms, is coffee easy to come by? SO drinks A LOT of coffee... I drink a little less. I'm considering the refreshment package because I also like fancy coffee drinks and fresh juice and might enjoy a mocktail. Thanks in advance!

I know basic coffee is included in our cruise fare. Does that include room service? Any way we can request an in room coffee maker? Aside from room service and dining rooms, is coffee easy to come by? SO drinks A LOT of coffee... I drink a little less. I'm considering the refreshment package because I also like fancy coffee drinks and fresh juice and might enjoy a mocktail. Thanks in advance!

Room service of continental breakfast items is free in the morning. Other times, there is a charge of $7.95 + 18% gratuity for any order.

You will be spending a lot of time at La Patisserie on the Royal Esplanade on Deck 4. ;) :D

(coffeemakers are in Junior Suites and above. You can ask, but I would not expect them to give you one in another type of accommodation)

Room service of continental breakfast items is free in the morning. Other times, there is a charge of $7.95 + 18% gratuity for any order.

You will be spending a lot of time at La Patisserie on the Royal Esplanade on Deck 4. ;) :D

(coffeemakers are in Junior Suites and above. You can ask, but I would not expect them to give you one in another type of accommodation)

Thanks for the response! Does La Patisserie serve regular, included in the price of my cruise coffee, or only fancy pay-per-cup coffee?

Hi Waxing Witch :)

In regards to 'complimentary' coffee onboard Anthem; that can be located at:

Cafe Promenade

Cafe Two70 (complimentary & also speciality available)

Solarium Bistro

Room service

Windjammer buffet (complimentary & also speciality available)

Main dining room

Coastal Kitchen

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

I was on Anthem in April of this year, and I was able to use my drink package for the Starbucks coffee served at La Patisserie! I believe the "fancy"/specialty drinks were extra, but I don't remember for sure- I only ever ordered basic drips or Americanos.

You can also get specialty coffee in the Café Two70, after the Salad station there is a desert and coffee station.

These coffees made with Seattle's Best (Starbucks) are included in the Refreshment Package as well as the Deluxe Bev package. There is also a coffee card that is available but I don't have much info about it.

dp

:o They don't have coffee makers in balconies, outside rooms or inside rooms?! Wow, that puts them behind. Even hotel rooms offer coffee makers - and at least some other cruise lines.

:o They don't have coffee makers in balconies, outside rooms or inside rooms?! Wow, that puts them behind. Even hotel rooms offer coffee makers - and at least some other cruise lines.

I don't remember if I had them on other cruise lines because I was drunk most of the time. Now that I'm in recovery I, like so many others, have turned to that bitter, life giving bean for sustenance. I've never been in a hotel room without a coffee maker... I'm guessing if I can't get one in room, we'll just order like 6 coffees for room service in the morning and then be on our way.

I was on Anthem in April of this year, and I was able to use my drink package for the Starbucks coffee served at La Patisserie! I believe the "fancy"/specialty drinks were extra, but I don't remember for sure- I only ever ordered basic drips or Americanos.

Espresso based specialty coffees are included in both the Refreshment package and the Deluxe package.

I know La Patisserie will make an Americano, but when did they start carrying basic drip coffee? We have sailed Anthem multiple times and have never seen brewed coffee in La Patisserie.

Edit: Found this picture, they are doing Starbucks drip coffees now.

8f798afbb980ac6e47517fe0d4bd986a.jpg

This menu is from Café 270.

4ebe0c7c15eebd842d56cc5c532f2227.jpg

These and more pictures are in a review by Bird Travels.

Edited by reallyitsmema

I don't remember if I had them on other cruise lines because I was drunk most of the time. Now that I'm in recovery I, like so many others, have turned to that bitter, life giving bean for sustenance. I've never been in a hotel room without a coffee maker... I'm guessing if I can't get one in room, we'll just order like 6 coffees for room service in the morning and then be on our way.

Don't drink old room service coffee all day! Café Promenade is open almost 24/7, it is on the Esplanade. You can get a much better, hot cup of coffee there. "Free coffee" is available at all the other venues the pp listed during open hours.

Windjammer coffee bar, Café 270 and La Patisserie have espresso based specialty coffees, if you need something different. They all make a mean mocha.;):D

In my earlier reply I listed all of the 'complimentary' coffee locations onboard Anthem.

However, I forgot to drop you the menus concerning 'speciality' coffees as well.

Speciality coffee menu at 'Cafe Two70' (and) at the coffee bar in the 'Windjammer buffet'

PicsArt_08-15-02.06.22_zpslgl15cfj.png

Speciality coffee menu at 'La Patisserie'

PicsArt_08-15-02.05.43_zpshyp1wkys.png

I hope this helps,

Have a terrific day!

In regards to 'complimentary' coffee onboard Anthem; that can be located at:

Cafe Promenade

Cafe Two70 (complimentary & also speciality available)

Solarium Bistro

Room service

Windjammer buffet (complimentary & also speciality available)

Main dining room

Coastal Kitchen

Edited by PortSideCruzan

You could also consider purchasing the Cafe Select coffee card, instead of the entire refreshment package, if you're only interested in espresso based coffee drinks. It's usually about $31 plus gratuity and you get a card that is good for 15 specialty espresso coffee beverages that can be redeemed in La Patisserie, Cafe two70 and the coffee bar in the Windjammer.