Jumping ship

mamaofami

That is my general impression as well; but we are sailing Grandeur in February -- easy train ride to port as opposed to flight, and curiosity about sailing from Baltimore outweigh concerns. I just wish HAL and X still sailed from New York in winter.
I liked when we sailed Noordam from NYC, to Caribbean was terrific.(in January) I would be so happy, happyy if HAL would sail from Boston to Caribbean all year. know they won't but I would be in my 'usual cabin' if they did. A taxi ride or friend would drive me to the Terminal. :)

I liked when we sailed Noordam from NYC, to Caribbean was terrific.(in January) I would be so happy, happyy if HAL would sail from Boston to Caribbean all year. know they won't but I would be in my 'usual cabin' if they did. A taxi ride or friend would drive me to the Terminal. :)

My favorite cruise ever was the Noordam 10-day Caribbean cruise out of New York!

I will say, though, that the seas were VERY rough coming up north and I remember it caused delays on both ends of our trip. (Just hours, not days)

I think the answer is much deeper then just the cabin size :). The MOS is an older ship with relatively small (but functional cabins) and small bathrooms. Most folks who enjoy HAL will likely be quite disappointed in many things on RCI. Perhaps the one area where RCI beats HAL is with entertainment. On the other hand, we do know fellow HAL lovers who dislike any music written after 1945....and they might be unhappy :).

Hank