93 members have voted

1. 1. Formal night menswear

• Tuxedo black tie
    • Grey suit and tie
    • Blue suit and tie
    • Black suit and tie
    • Non matching Chinos, jacket and tie
    • Other

Personally, I think the whole "Formal Night" thing is silly, to me it seems contrived and phony. People don't dress like that in normal day to day life, especially nowadays.

But, that said, if "Formal Night" is your thing I respect that. And until Princess changes it's policy, we'll eat elsewhere on those nights. There are a boatload (pun intended) of other options onboard.

Personally, I think the whole "Formal Night" thing is silly, to me it seems contrived and phony. People don't dress like that in normal day to day life, especially nowadays.

But, that said, if "Formal Night" is your thing I respect that. And until Princess changes it's policy, we'll eat elsewhere on those nights. There are a boatload (pun intended) of other options onboard.

But you don't have to eat elsewhere - nor should you feel that you have to.

And that's why many of us want to set the record straight.

Just off the Crown Princess in the Med and heard something I hadn't heard before. The night before formal night we were at a show in the theater. At the end the CD gets up and chats about the next day.

"Tomorrow is formal night. So, everyone can dress up in their finest attire. Or if you don't want to....you don't have to..." Or something to that effect.

I thought huh? Never heard them say that before?

Wondering if the formal night thing is relaxing even more?

OK by me....I am in favor of people wearing what they want....though I do have to say the barefooted people in Horizon Court do bug me..... Seriously? :eek:

:)

On behalf of the ladies, thank you so much, Dennis. Really appreciate your empathy in encouraging gentlemen to dress to same level as their partners. You're a class act. !:cool::cool::cool:

If you are going on a European cruise, most of the time you will see folks dressing for dinner in the dining room and dressed to the 9's on Formal night.:hearteyes:

there's the spirit ....

--

--

sorta.

Just off the Crown Princess in the Med and heard something I hadn't heard before. The night before formal night we were at a show in the theater. At the end the CD gets up and chats about the next day.

"Tomorrow is formal night. So, everyone can dress up in their finest attire. Or if you don't want to....you don't have to..." Or something to that effect.

I thought huh? Never heard them say that before?

Wondering if the formal night thing is relaxing even more?

OK by me....I am in favor of people wearing what they want....though I do have to say the barefooted people in Horizon Court do bug me..... Seriously? :eek:

We haven't cruised since last year but I've been reading a few comments such as you experienced.

Sounds to me like there's a change coming around very soon.

I'll be so disappointed. :loudcry: