Dining Reservations for a Solo

Hi all, I've been a member of cruise critic for a little while, but mostly just browse. This is my first post (first of many, hopefully). I appreciate any help you can give me.

I will be taking a 7 night cruise on Empress of the Seas in January; my first Royal Caribbean cruise. My other 4 cruises have been on Carnival.This is also my first solo cruise. I am looking forward to stepping away from everything for a bit and just spending some time alone relaxing. So for me, I am wanting to go to dinner and sit by myself with a good book and just get lost with some delicious food and a glass of wine.

From reading other post I decided to go ahead and book My Time Dining Reservations online for the main dining room. That way I don't have a long wait each evening for dinner. When I book reservations will they assign me to a table or will they just wait til I get there and and allow me to request a table by myself. On my past cruises with Carnival we would show up, give our cabin number and could request a table for two. After a brief wait we were able to get a table. I just don't want to set up reservations if I am locking myself into being sat at a table with other diners.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-people. I enjoy socializing; I just want some quiet time to myself this cruise.

Thanks for your help.

Stacy

Hi, I use My Time solo all the time. Just make reservation ta a certain time. When you arrive ask for a table for one. They will usually give you the same table each night. OR If you Just show up they will seat you solo but different table each night. So the choice is yours if you want the same servers each night or different ones each night.

Have fun on your cruise

Hi, I use My Time solo all the time. Just make reservation ta a certain time. When you arrive ask for a table for one. They will usually give you the same table each night. OR If you Just show up they will seat you solo but different table each night. So the choice is yours if you want the same servers each night or different ones each night.

Have fun on your cruise

As a side note, specifically Mention you want a quiet & private table as possible table. Depending on the ship, Many of the MTD 2 person tables are set up mere inches apart... you are so close to neighbouring tables you’re basically seated together anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all, I've been a member of cruise critic for a little while, but mostly just browse. This is my first post (first of many, hopefully). I appreciate any help you can give me.

I will be taking a 7 night cruise on Empress of the Seas in January; my first Royal Caribbean cruise. My other 4 cruises have been on Carnival.This is also my first solo cruise. I am looking forward to stepping away from everything for a bit and just spending some time alone relaxing. So for me, I am wanting to go to dinner and sit by myself with a good book and just get lost with some delicious food and a glass of wine.

From reading other post I decided to go ahead and book My Time Dining Reservations online for the main dining room. That way I don't have a long wait each evening for dinner. When I book reservations will they assign me to a table or will they just wait til I get there and and allow me to request a table by myself. On my past cruises with Carnival we would show up, give our cabin number and could request a table for two. After a brief wait we were able to get a table. I just don't want to set up reservations if I am locking myself into being sat at a table with other diners.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-people. I enjoy socializing; I just want some quiet time to myself this cruise.

Thanks for your help.

Stacy

I've sailed solo with MTD reservations a few times, and always wanted to be seated alone. I normally send an email to rcldining@rccl.com with all of my specific reservation info and tell them what I want. They've been very accommodating.

Thanks for your help.

Stacy

Just ask or you can go to the buffet.