Haven Cabin

WeFlyUS

So I broke down and booked a Haven cabin today. I called NCL and they booked me in what I was told is the last available Haven cabin on our cruise. Now my question...when I looked on line to see where my cabin is, I learn that the cabin is "Handicap Accessible", the only Haven I could find with this designation. What does this mean? I understand the wider doorways, but what else will I find?

The rooms are extra, extra large. When NCL does a media cruise (with the press for a new ship), they use the accessible rooms as their "example room".

We had an H5 accessible in April on the Escape. Room photos are on the following link https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55839659&postcount=20

Larger room. Larger bathroom. Larger table (so you could roll a wheelchair up to it). Really nice.

Note: We disconnected all of the emergency call cords,,, cuz there was a 99% probability that someone would bump or pull a cord while in the shower and we would have security rushing in the room.

The biggest difference will be in the bathroom. It will have more grab bars than you're used to seeing. Shower will be larger than normal with a seat & no lip or edge. There will be a large drain but water will also get on the floor. Sink will have little or nothing around it to allow a wheelchair user to roll right up to it.

Balcony will have a ramp of sorts to allow wheelchair access.

I think those are the biggest differences but I'm sure others will fill in what I missed