Colosseum advice please?

davewg59

2 hours ago, bluecruise1 said:

I just went to the coop site to purchase the tickets for the underground tour and panoramic view. None of the dates in July 2019 were showing as available. I’m guessing those dates aren’t opened yet for booking.

I seem to recall that tickets are released either 60 or 90 days out.  It says that somewhere on the coop website. 

4 hours ago, Redrobo said:

You can also purchase tickets for the Vatican     https://biglietteriamusei.vatican.va/musei/tickets/           worth booking to avoid long lines. 

If you go to the vatican museum, be sure to read all the tips on how to best manage this such as not bringing anything that would need to be checked at the front gate, see everything you want to see in the museum before going into the Sistine chapel, and then following a tour group through the ride side door out of the Sistine chapel so you exit into St. Peter's. Following these tips will save you lots of time. 

Definitely worth booking a tour to the Vatican that gets access before the general public is allowed in.  You see everything in relative peace before the throngs descend.  It basically starts getting crowded as you're finishing up your visit.