ms Amsterdam Stateroom 1867 August 2018

Our stateroom on Deck 1 (Dolphin Deck) Starboard side. Most of not all staterooms on Deck 1 look similar if not identical to this according to our room stewards.

Room stewards: Sapto and Asep; Asep will be heading home soon.

f587215ac0767e0527504c80553825a9.jpg

Hallway, Deck 1, Starboard side

325f3a97a7d7692d04c4173abbc0a9a3.jpg

Stateroom 1867

c35437390447b02caecbef88c01fbc70.jpg

Door on left leads to bathroom, door on right is one of the closets. Orange curtain can be pulled closed to provide privacy between main area and hallway leading to bathroom and stateroom door or it can be pushed in between closets to be tucked out of the way.

dc370b743f2c0760b2108537661d6954.jpg

a06089103b2807e6d7434aab6a2be23c.jpg

Stateroom 1867 adjoins Stateroom 1869

0acd43faa9c917e2d1a3cbc2ce70efcc.jpg

Continued in next post...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Click.Write.Post.

1acdd1800a019bb7e65d983acdf93698.jpg

bb4811e426625c366d016e7e1bf4f50b.jpg

Close up of embarkation day handouts. Also, the only outlet we could find was located here at the vanity/desk. The top drawer housed a portable vanity mirror and a modern hairdryer.

67863badbb898b4a59943c0a153b3f3c.jpg

Minibar setup. Ocean view and inside staterooms are not equipped with a mini fridge on the ms Amsterdam.

7c798da9b181a2b48ef9ee0e833b717f.jpg

Ample closet storage with an extra closet

4e44dbc40641610ad634a29348de8e2d.jpg

Closets convert to accommodate hanging or folded items.

Continued in next post...

Edited by Click.Write.Post.

The Bathroom was not updated during dry dock.

85bd1a4a853d8f1ba5f8ae93186cce0f.jpg

Dispenser on back wall, left to right: shampoo, conditioner, and body wash

2eb686432666a469f9731a9b96ea0c62.jpg

With water turned on, pull down on ring around bath faucet to turn on shower.

818680db209604410542096ce735ab20.jpg

4e8b9ec8b421d6f0a52a7d6499a60de5.jpg

81ca32cb7a2f9777099e4443d6d72950.jpg

On left, hairdryer with electrical shaving outlet. There are no other outlets in the bathroom. On right, opened medicine cabinet, which we did not use. We stored our toiletries in their bags on the shelf under the sink.

6786a360ae84c479a72fd44b3ee5fdc8.jpg

Bar soap, hand lotion, and shower cap.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for posting so many detailed cabin photos. While the room did not get the bath refresh or the new soft goods package seen on other cabin types/ships, I will say it looks exceptionally clean, tidy and in good repair!

It certainly was; we had amazing room stewards! I would be happy to stay in that room again for a longer amount of time too. ;)

Also, this stateroom had very little squeaks. You could hear the occasional noise through the adjoining room door. It seems as if at least once a day someone in the adjoining stateroom tested the door on their side, but the strange thing is we never saw anyone leave or enter that stateroom. Ghosts maybe? ;)

It certainly was; we had amazing room stewards! I would be happy to stay in that room again for a longer amount of time too. ;)

Also, this stateroom had very little squeaks. You could hear the occasional noise through the adjoining room door. It seems as if at least once a day someone in the adjoining stateroom tested the door on their side, but the strange thing is we never saw anyone leave or enter that stateroom. Ghosts maybe? ;)

Could it have been the room stewards verifying the connecting doors were in fact locked? Just wondering. Nicely documented. I like your photo showing how to turn the shower on. My DW would have gone several days before complaining that all she could ever take were baths because the shower didn't work! ;):confused:

Could it have been the room stewards verifying the connecting doors were in fact locked? Just wondering. Nicely documented. I like your photo showing how to turn the shower on. My DW would have gone several days before complaining that all she could ever take were baths because the shower didn't work! ;):confused:

I spent a few minutes trying to figure out how to turn on the shower, called my husband in to figure it out and we were so confused. The stewards were doing their morning routine a few cabins away, and saved the day. Sapto, one of our stewards, showed me what I needed to do so crisis adverted. :)

I thought a little note on here would be helpful to others. :) I actually took it as a live picture, not video so I haven’t figured out how to post the action shot yet. ;)

The Bathroom was not updated during dry dock.

85bd1a4a853d8f1ba5f8ae93186cce0f.jpg

Dispenser on back wall, left to right: shampoo, conditioner, and body wash

2eb686432666a469f9731a9b96ea0c62.jpg

With water turned on, pull down on ring around bath faucet to turn on shower.

818680db209604410542096ce735ab20.jpg

4e8b9ec8b421d6f0a52a7d6499a60de5.jpg

81ca32cb7a2f9777099e4443d6d72950.jpg

On left, hairdryer with electrical shaving outlet. There are no other outlets in the bathroom. On right, opened medicine cabinet, which we did not use. We stored our toiletries in their bags on the shelf under the sink.

6786a360ae84c479a72fd44b3ee5fdc8.jpg

Bar soap, hand lotion, and shower cap.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the pictures! Are there hooks in the cabin? With no outlets in BR, I guess I won't be bringing my waterpik!

Thanks for the pictures! Are there hooks in the cabin? I guess I won't bring my waterpik since there are no outlets in BR.

Thanks for the pictures! Are there hooks in the cabin? I guess I won't bring my waterpik since there are no outlets in BR.

Yes, there are four hooks in the cabin, looking at the bed they would be on he left hand side not visible in any of the pictures I have, and three or four in the bathroom on the door.

Other bathrooms may have outlets, but ours didn’t aside from the one on the dryer, see below.

013455f4d2374f52a4fffcc93aa9a3dd.jpg

Aw rats! Your photo confirmed my apprehension that Amsterdam has not received the large-screen interactive TV update. And likely will not before my planned trip on her in December.

Loved your review! <--should have posted that on the other thread but saving space :).

Aw rats! Your photo confirmed my apprehension that Amsterdam has not received the large-screen interactive TV update. And likely will not before my planned trip on her in December.

Loved your review! <--should have posted that on the other thread but saving space :).

I did see that staterooms on other decks received updates, just not staterooms Deck 1 and maybe a few on Deck 2. I do not have any pictures of the updated rooms, but some staterooms on Deck 2 appeared to have the new shower (could see that when stewards were cleaning rooms) and Suites on Deck 7 has new linens in a blue and gray (silver) color scheme rather than the orange, green, white/beige color scheme in my stateroom.

I'm happy to see that at least some cabins have the 'old style' bathrooms, and hope I get one of them on my next Amsterdam cruise.

I like having the outlet where I can reach it, and use it to plug in my toothbrush, and even like that old hairdryer. No, not for drying hair; to clear the steam off the mirror after a shower.

Plus, that larger medicine cabinet, with a door that keeps things inside in rough seas!, is so much better than the 'new, improved' small, open shelves.