Regal Princess - January 12-19, 2020 - Not showing

Salty Dawg

Royal Princess has a similar seven day gap a couple months earlier. People who claim to have enquired of staff onboard were supposedly told it would be a very short drydock. So maybe the same for Regal in January? Ships are new enough that any below the waterline maintenance should be quick; the only question is why Princess would incur the expense at such a short interval with certainly no major upgrade plans.

the only question is why Princess would incur the expense at such a short interval with certainly no major upgrade plans.

Drydocks are a part of cruise ship maintenance, similar to your getting an oil change for your car.

I suspect that it is time for the scheduled required maintenance that a drydock requires.

I thought drydock at first, but it is only from Jan 12-19 2020, so I think that would be to short of a time to do much of anything.

It might actually be a wet dock. They need to maintenance or repairs that don't require the ship out of water.

Routine drydocks from a Florida port would usually mean 9-12 days in the Bahamas facility. 7 days would be very unusual and not likely. Our best guess would be that there is a pending full ship charter. 7 days coupled with that time of the year makes sense for a group charter.

Hank

Routine drydocks from a Florida port would usually mean 9-12 days in the Bahamas facility. 7 days would be very unusual and not likely. Our best guess would be that there is a pending full ship charter. 7 days coupled with that time of the year makes sense for a group charter.

I can't remember a time that Princess had a charter in the USA.