Carnival Ecstacy- First Carnival Cruise

StefPaints

Going on a 5 day from Charleston, SC in February 2019 and bring our adult son and his two young girls (8 & 4). I was wondering how the Kids Clubs were on the cruise. Anyone have any tips or activities that you can share?

Also, do the inside cabins have small refrigerators and coffee makers in the rooms?

Our last cruise to Panama Canal on NCL in December 2018 was 11 days, we had a refrigerator and a coffee maker in our room, and we had a balcony. Bringing the kids, we are getting a room more affordable for us—besides, we plan to spend way more time OUT of the rooms than IN. :-)

I'm not sure about the refrigerator in Fantasy Class inside cabins, but I AM about the coffee maker...there isn't one. Room service can get you decent (some may disagree, and that's fine) coffee in the morning.

We loved our cruise last year on the Ecstasy. She is getting a bit old, but the staff seemed more attentive. Our biggest gripe were the rear elevators. They only had one or two working, which made it difficult for those with mobility issues to get to the muster drill and to set time dining. We also loved Charleston.

We don't sail with kids, so we have no info on the kids clubs, etc.

There are no coffee makers or mini fridges in the cabins.

Have a great cruise.

In 2006 our first Carnival cruise was aboard the Ecstasy. Our 6 day became an 8 day due to Hurricane Michael. We had a suite with a fridge but no coffee maker. It was very spacious. We really enjoyed our trip and felt the staff went the extra mile to see that we did. The Ecstasy has since had a dry dock and received the 2.0 upgrades. You guys should have a great time. Enjoy.

I was just on the Ecstasy last week! The balcony cabins don't have fridges or coffeepots, so I'm confident the inside cabins don't either.

My 9 & 14 yo kids didn't much enjoy the camp programs overall. They participated occasionally but mostly felt that it was too loud and overwhelming to enjoy in big chunks. They are both sensitive homebody-type kids, and are generally not confident travelers. We had a tough few days with them on this vacation--I hope we'll be better able to take advantage of all the fun next time we try a cruise.

We had a blast, in spite of the problems, but our expectations had to change really fast. Kids don't want to go to camps? No easy adult fun. Husband gets sick immediately? Vacation shifts into Mom entertains/enjoys kids while avoiding the cabin as much as possible.