Le Havre...walking in to town

rachiem

I have just booked a tour for Monday and need to be in town by 11.30am (Place Perret)

We are more than happy to walk as we like the exercise, especially with all the extra eating!

Looking at the map it looks about 1.5 miles from the cruise port?

Has anyone done this...is it safe and does the distance sound about right (I'm not sure where RCI docks)

I'm allowing 45 mins to 1 hour for a stroll.

We get dropped back to the port after the tour, so this will only be one way.

I think your 45 minutes is realistic for a stroll, we have done it quite a few times and it is quite a walk, sometimes you can not cross the road bridges over the canals out of the port and have to detour a little which can add to the time, but it is easy and safe.

I think your 45 minutes is realistic for a stroll, we have done it quite a few times and it is quite a walk, sometimes you can not cross the road bridges over the canals out of the port and have to detour a little which can add to the time, but it is easy and safe.

Thank you...I'll probably allow an hour then. We can always have a walk around the meeting point or a coffee :) :):)

We've been there twice. It is a short easy walk into town, if I remember right about 15 - 20 minutes. Depending on where exactly you have to go, you'll have no problem getting there.

Is the walk wheelchair friendly?

We were there in April on MSC, it took us about half an hour to walk to Place Perret, so allowing an hour is plenty of time, lots of places for a snack nearby.

It's an easy walk but I wouldn't say wheelchair friendly, the road leaving the port area leading into town has narrow pavements in parts and at one point is only on one side of the road so lots of crossing and I think some steps. Once you are actually in town it's fine.

Julie

It's an easy walk but I wouldn't say wheelchair friendly, the road leaving the port area leading into town has narrow pavements in parts and at one point is only on one side of the road so lots of crossing and I think some steps. Once you are actually in town it's fine.

Julie

Thank you for wheelchair info