Serious Question

Boltonian

When I get asked this question, I ask one in turn: "Do you have a car payment? Well, I have a cruise payment!"

Good one, Fyree.

The advice to work hard, to me, is useless. There are lots of people out there "working hard" at minimum wage jobs who can barely make the rent, let along go on a cruise. My advice it to work smart, and get the experience or education that puts you in position to get a job that pays enough to comfortably cover your basic expenses plus extras. Making saving and investing a regular habit, and you'll have enough money to cruise once or twice a year.

Roz

Nothing great is ever achieved without sacrifices. Better to ask "what did you have to give up along the way to be able to enjoy cruising now."

Sent from my SM-N950W using Forums mobile app

Good advice, Canada1867. We all have our priorities in life.

Roz

Get a "miles" credit card... Become FANATICAL about putting every bill, every expenditure, EVERYTHING on the card. Do that for a year and you have paid for a couple tickets on a 7 day cruise. (Or more) We use ours for airfare, and have paid for DW and my RT airfares to Singapore, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Hong Kong, all to get to cruises, all in the past 6 years... You CAN DO IT

By the way... My point on the above post was not to brag about how wonderful we are, simply to point out that if you want it bad enough, there ARE alternative ways to fund a cruise. Our home credit card has a $5000.00 limit, and we pay it off 2 times a month. (kids tuition, check. Heating oil, check, gasoline, check, groceries, check. Cable bill, check.)

Get a "miles" credit card... Become FANATICAL about putting every bill, every expenditure, EVERYTHING on the card. Do that for a year and you have paid for a couple tickets on a 7 day cruise. (Or more) We use ours for airfare, and have paid for DW and my RT airfares to Singapore, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Hong Kong, all to get to cruises, all in the past 6 years... You CAN DO IT

If you are American it is something to take advantage off but outside of America miles cards are not nearly as generous:(. It usually takes a few years (unless you are a frequent flyer) before you earn enough for anything worthwhile:o.