Grand Princess - Indoor Sea Views

Coffeeluvr05

Getting ready for an Alaskan cruise on the Grand and would like recommendations on the best indoor areas on the ship that have great views. I loved Skywalkers on the CB, but the Grand doesn't have that lounge. I like a comfy, quiet area that I can go to enjoy the sea views without being cold. Thanks!

You will not find anything as nice as Skywalkers, but there are a few places you can try. The One5 on Deck 15 is usually quiet during the day but it has limited outside views. The Conservatory also on Deck 15 has outside views but can be noisy since it is above the indoor pool. You can usually find seats in Crooners and outside Explorers on Deck 7 which have limited sea views.

It's not really the best ship in terms of views from inside rooms. The only place I can think that would be comfortable is the Horizon Court near one of the windows. While this area is usually reserved for people that are wanting to enjoy their meal, I suppose it is possible to take a table for sightseeing. Be cognizant of those wanting to sit down to eat, though if there are no empty tables, might be expected to get up or at least share your table.

Getting ready for an Alaskan cruise on the Grand and would like recommendations on the best indoor areas on the ship that have great views. I loved Skywalkers on the CB, but the Grand doesn't have that lounge. I like a comfy, quiet area that I can go to enjoy the sea views without being cold. Thanks!

There are really no indoor locations with great views. Any view from deck 7 will be across the promenade deck with passengers standing and moving in front of you. Views from the Conservatory have a similar issue. One5 views are one sided and great views are 360 degrees. Table seats next to the windows by Neptune's Reef Pool, although outside, will offer protection from the wind and they are underneath the deck above. The best views are outside, and if you are dressed in layers it may not feel as cold as you expect.

• 11 months later...

We just did a Princess Alaska cruise, and lucked into amazing views on departure day. We ate dinner at the pizza restaurant on deck 5 right around 5:30 or 6pm, and lucked into a window table (it's day 1, so nobody knows about this spot yet!). We ate delicious pizza, drank some wine, and had amazing whale sightings. 

Our trip was rarely cold, so I'll give a few additional tips in case you'd like to venture outdoors. Deck 7, aft, behind the Vista Lounge provides an amazing view as you depart SF. There are also comfy chairs and benches along the outer corridors on Deck 7. And there are cushioned chairs by the windows on Deck 14 by the coffee/cones bar.  It's open to the elements, but the area by the chairs is covered.