Shore excursion cannot be a surprise [emoji19]

rdh rules

I am taking my friend on the Ecstasy 2/20-2/25 2019 for her 40th Birthday and was going to surprise her with a cabana at Princess Cay on her actual birthday 2/22. I tried to book it with an option of remaining private and didn’t see that option. I called Carnival and they said it is not an option for the excursion to just be on my cruise manager and not hers. They said there is no way to make it private! How is that possible with all the technology today?

So I guess I just book it and hope she doesn’t see it. I would wait till the last minute but what if they’re all booked?My friend ordered me gifts on my last cruise and I didn’t know anything about it until it was delivered, so why can’t this be the same?

Excursions booked through Carnival always show up in your Cruise Manager. I know of no way to keep this from happening.

Purchases made through the Fun Shops are often gifts, so their system is set up differently.

I found this annoying when I bought Cheers for a cabin I purchased for traveling companions. Because I wasn't on the booking for that cabin the purchase wasn't reflected in Cruise Manager.

Odd what can and cannot be accomplished with technology.

I imagine your companion will enjoy the surprise whether divulged now or later.

I am still going to purchase it and will delete her email so they won’t send her any info. This is her 1st cruise and I’m paying. I did give her the booking info so she could do her own check in with her own credit card and emergency contact. I wish I wouldn’t have now. Lol. Thanks everyone! Happy cruising!