Is there a separate line for guests with MDR reservations on the Epic?

farjar

This will be our first time on the Epic and we have already made our MDR dinner reservations. How soon before our reservation time should we show up and is there a separate line for people with reservations? Since they apparently only hold the reservation for 15 minutes we wouldn't want to miss it.

• Like 1

I think the OP is asking for when there is a line outside the MDR. People waiting in line to be seated who don't have a reservation but you do. Is there a separate line? It wouldn't make sense to wait in back of these other people waiting that didn't have a reservation.

I think the OP is asking for when there is a line outside the MDR. People waiting in line to be seated who don't have a reservation but you do. Is there a separate line? It wouldn't make sense to wait in back of these other people waiting that didn't have a reservation.

We waited on a line every night without reservations, but not for a table. It was just like a restaurant on land, you don’t know if the people in front of you have reservations, but since we always ate in the larger MDR, at least when we were there, everybody in front of us was seated without a wait. I assume that if there was a wait, those folks would move off to the side and not be in line.

Thanks Vyhanek. That's exactly what I was asking. If we show up 15 minutes before our dining time and there are 30 people in line ahead of us, do we just say "excuse us we have a reservation" and try to go to the front of the line. I would feel a bit uncomfortable doing that but I wouldn't want to lose my table either. On smaller NCL ships we have never had to make MDR reservations. On the Sun, for example, the right hands doors were for entering the MDR and the left hand doors were for exiting. Has anyone ever just walked directly up to the desk through the exit side?