Freedom of the Seas. Which dock Curacao?

When in Curacao, does RCCL Freedom of the Seas dock at the Mega Dock or the dock in town (near pontoon bridge)?

I also posted this in the Destination board, but figure this would be faster.

Mega.

It's the Mega, however it's mooring is at the spot closest to the town.

The other dock requires an extra 1/2 mile walk to get to Freedom's spot.

This varies from cruise to cruise as it depends on what other ships may be in port for the day and their arrival and departure schedules.

One of the few times I ever saw Captain Thomas Busto lose his cool is when they had him dock the Adventure at the far pier.

He was totally irate.

He said "this will never HAPPEN AGAIN while I'm captain of the ship."

Now that he's on the Freedom, I don't think his view has changed.

However, he's on 10 weeks - then off 10 weeks, when Captain Sean McDuff is on - perhaps then they will dock further away.

Looking back from land.7f40fe0b0b8a39ae42fcd049905518c0.jpgac002ae7f16af93a6d5c1f253baa9781.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Good post! These two photos show it pretty well. When we were there on Adventure in 2017 they were building the dock. I assume there is a walkway to where you took this picture. We found the merchants that were in the area right near the ship (Adventure) were nice, not pushy and had a decent variety.

This varies from cruise to cruise as it depends on what other ships may be in port for the day and their arrival and departure schedules.

Freedom always docks at the same dock. It was built for her and other ships that size.

Good post! These two photos show it pretty well. When we were there on Adventure in 2017 they were building the dock. I assume there is a walkway to where you took this picture. We found the merchants that were in the area right near the ship (Adventure) were nice, not pushy and had a decent variety.

In the top pic, you can kind of see the people in the background walking to/from the ship. The blue Curacao sign was near the vendor area. I will see if I have another pic from a different angle.

A second pier was built in the last year - both can accommodate ships the size of Freedom.

This.

I have to say with the addition of the piers for the mega ships, the nature of porting in Curacao has definitely changed for the worse.

What used to be a lovely laid back port now has the ambiance of Times Square at rush hour (similar to the fiasco of being in St Maarten when 21,000 cruise passengers all hit the pier and the island at the same time.