Trivia and Tea aboard Voyager

shemansl

Greetings--We got accustomed to playing trivia immediately following tea in the Observation Lounge aboard Explorer on our past several cruises. The results from the Mensa quiz were also announced. I wonder if anyone here could be so kind as to tell me if both tea and trivia are in the same lounge aboard Yoyager? Or do we need to be on the move inbetween the two? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

When we cruised on Voyager earlier this year they had trivia in Observation and tea prior to that in Horizons. Don't know if this was a test or if it is still happening that way and this was half a year ago. While I did not regularly attend either, I had the impression that as a result teatime was underpopulated and trivia was still crowded as the Observation lounge is not huge. I could be wrong but it seems to me (scheduling issues aside) that inserting a bit of time between the two and still having them in the Horizon lounge would solve some of the crowding issue.

On Dubai to Cape Town in 2015 tea was just before trivia in the Observation Lounge. It was a real "bun fight" with not enough serving staff. It meant people were trying to get the servers attention to give them a tea bag and hot water. Not a relaxing luxury experience.

I really missed the quiet tea time on Silversea with real tea in pots in a different room to trivia.

So if they do the trivia after tea time, is that at 5 pm if tea time is at 4 pm? Why is tea time so late on these particular ships? Shouldn’t it be held about 2-ish? I can imagine that trivia could get in the way of one’s dinner plans if you like to eat early.

Snuggarelli

Wife to DH

Mama to DD (21 yrs), DD (10 yo), DS (5 yo).

Upcoming:

1). Regent - June 25 on Voyager, Riveria/Med., as a couple only this time

Prior:

1). May 5 2012 - DCL Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, 7 day

2). May 23, 2009 - DCL Magic, Eastern Caribbean 7 day

3). May 2007 - NCL Dawn, Bahamas 7 day

4). June 2006 - PCL Caribbean Princess, Eastern Caribbean 7 day

So I learned something here and online. Elevensies is real and a snack before noon lunch. 3-5 pm can be afternoon tea which is called “low tea” (think lower tabletops because you’re sitting on settees and couches). Low tea was to provide some food to tide you over till supper which was at 8 pm. “High tea” (think eating on a high table, like a dining table) was invented by the working class. It was a hearty meal with tea, served between 5-7 pm.

Since we eat dinner at 5 or 6 and are in bed by 10, that’s why I asked about the tea time. But it looks like I was totally in the wrong (from what I’ve been reading, many Americans think low tea time is at 2 pm when it’s not). My apologies!

Snuggarelli

Wife to DH

Mama to DD (21 yrs), DD (10 yo), DS (5 yo).

Upcoming:

1). Regent - June 25 on Voyager, Riveria/Med., as a couple only this time

Prior:

1). May 5 2012 - DCL Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, 7 day

2). May 23, 2009 - DCL Magic, Eastern Caribbean 7 day

3). May 2007 - NCL Dawn, Bahamas 7 day

4). June 2006 - PCL Caribbean Princess, Eastern Caribbean 7 day

On Voyager Dubai to Rome in May this year, the Trivia started out in the Observation Lounge at 4.45pm. It was moved to the theatre after a couple of days due to numbers. <swank on> (Our team came second in the progressive trivia BTW) <swank off>

The Mensa answers and tea was in the Horizon lounge on Deck 5 at 4pm.